Clearing the air and removing my coin counter....

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I have posted this message on a couple of forums... I was questioned on my finds, specifically my clad finds for this year and person asked to see a picture of everything together. Well I thought if he was doubting it so are others...the picture was posted on that forum and now here. Due to the spotlight being put on my totals....I have decided when i reach my goal of 5500 i will remove counter and just continue on.

Attachments

• coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570  pict.2.jpg
    coins 06 jun 07 $246.56 3570 pict.2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 570.jpg
    570.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 435

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My annual clad finds usually fit in a quart pickle jar, but, hey, do what you like and count as many as you find. It's not a race and I'm happy if you're happy. :D

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
I have posted this message on a couple of forums... I was questioned on my finds, specifically my clad finds for this year and person asked to see a picture of everything together. Well I thought if he was doubting it so are others...the picture was posted on that forum and now here. Due to the spotlight being put on my totals....I have decided when i reach my goal of 5500 i will remove counter and just continue on.

It was I, Diggler, and I did not mean to sound as though I was doubting you. I just wanted to see it all if you had not cashed it in yet. But 5500? Strange place to stop. Go for the big, round 10,000! Sorry to offend. I was just marveling. Keep Diggin! I know you will.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard of several hunters doing that well...and better! Great work!

HH!
TBGO

Oh, yeah...keep the counter.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
If they don't believe you tell them to go look at your empty holes...

HH
Joe
Remember Avoid Nourishing the Negative

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Personally, I really enjoy all your posts and always look at your coin counter as it is great to see any TH'er amassing that kind of totals. We know you work it hard out there and the nice totals are evidence of that.

I hope you put your coin counter back up. Like you said before, there are a lot of Th'ers that are finding much more then you and I in total clad but we all have our own pace and goals to meet.

I can relate to your sentiment though. I have been questioned several times about the authenticity of my finds, and yep, it bummed me out but I really like this site and had to just try to ignore it and move on.

Keep doing what you do Greg!! Best of luck to you out there buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Egads son, that is a whole lot of bending and getting back up. My back hurts from just thinking about it. Nice job. Did you leave any for the rest of us?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX....Don't take the counter down...GEEEEZZZZ....You give me insperationg...I kinda fell behind the last couple of weeks but will be trying to stay in the ballpark with ya..lol Keep diggin them holes.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cryptodave said:
Keep counting the clad... I hate it, and wish it all upon you! ;D

I much prefer deep relics and old silver... So does my Explorer! ;)
Along with the clad comes silver....Just noticed...my last post on this one..I best use the spellchecker...lol

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
SC_hunter said:
cryptodave said:
Keep counting the clad... I hate it, and wish it all upon you! ;D

I much prefer deep relics and old silver... So does my Explorer! ;)
Along with the clad comes silver....Just noticed...my last post on this one..I best use the spellchecker...lol

SC, its an inside joke between me and DFX.... You know, the DFX vs EXP. I like giving him a hard time. :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
pffft don't remove your counter. I never doubted you but sure was inspired by your posts. Don't let a few ruin it for the rest of us! Keep it! :D :D :D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg,

I have no problems with your posts. I enjoy the little give and take form our past discussions. I concider you a knowledgable, honest detectorist. Don,t let a lesser jealous novice concern you. Keep that impressive counter going for the rest of us TNet'ers. I enjoy your post and comments.

I am curious? Can you qualify your finds for me? How often do you get to hunt? Times a week? Month? Year? How long do you hunt? And with this information what would be your finds per our in coins? Keep hunting!

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone for the very kind words, it was more than Diggler's words i should mention. I post daily on the dfx classroom forum findmall.com and started to feel resentment over my posts. Less and less people responded and I am going to sit down today and figure out how many trips I have been out this year, and average the coins per trip, maybe then it will make more sense. I know it is somewhere around 15 times a month will dig up logs. Also people have told me even though they are not finding as much clad I should not be posting pictures of it. More or less saying it is not worth the post!... :(

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Born2Dtect said:
DFX-Gregg,

I have no problems with your posts. I enjoy the little give and take form our past discussions. I concider you a knowledgable, honest detectorist. Don,t let a lesser jealous novice concern you. Keep that impressive counter going for the rest of us TNet'ers. I enjoy your post and comments.

I am curious? Can you qualify your finds for me? How often do you get to hunt? Times a week? Month? Year? How long do you hunt? And with this information what would be your finds per our in coins? Keep hunting!

Wow we must have posted a few seconds apart! I am getting out my logs this afternoon and have decided to break it all down will post. take a look at my post just a few seconds after yours.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Charlie P. (NY) said:
My annual clad finds usually fit in a quart pickle jar, but, hey, do what you like and count as many as you find. It's not a race and I'm happy if you're happy. :D

I just think it is odd that I have been able to find a group of people with consistant finds also. I believe my mistake was talking about it to much.... I understand it is no race you are right I just set some goals and now see a chance to blow right through them. I Have 50 parks within a 20 mile radius of my house!!! So i am not sure what the big deal is!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
RW said:
DFX-Gregg said:

It was I, Diggler, and I did not mean to sound as though I was doubting you. I just wanted to see it all if you had not cashed it in yet. But 5500? Strange place to stop. Go for the big, round 10,000! Sorry to offend. I was just marveling. Keep Diggin! I know you will.

I made the number of 5500 before the year started. I based it on some calculations I figured out. I did not realize I would be able to get out 3 times a week and find so much clad. My finds doubled when i switched to a smaller coil and learned how to use the options on the dfx. I actually am very glad you brought it up, honestly. I have started to feel bad blood with some. But I have had blisters, hunted in 10 degree weather, hunted in downpours, switch battery packs so often I can barely keep up and i feel i have not even broke the surface yet! trying to figure out how I am only averaging 1 silver coin every 900! ???

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
The Beep Goes On said:
I have heard of several hunters doing that well...and better! Great work!

HH!
TBGO

Oh, yeah...keep the counter.

I know for sure there are others out daily and finding a lot more. A few have told me not to give up spots, locations, and so on. A few who are hitting on all cylinders told me among several tips that they now have people attached to them that want to hunt and watch what they are doing differently...They mention mostly wanting to hunt on their own and do....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions