thought we might make it without a big snow

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They're calling for 14-20" down here this morning. Going to go out for groceries today. May be snowed in for a bit. My plan is to stay up and drive up and down my kilometer long driveway to wallow out some tracks. Did that last year when we got 14" and it worked.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck guys, don't forget the beer and brandy in case the power goes out ! Im thinking 8 more weeks and we should be in good shape-weather wise here :occasion14:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would go all Jack Nicholson if that amount of snow was coming here!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loving this El Nino weather here in Michigan, after two winters in a row of that crap, cold and record breaking snow week after week!! Sorry guys.......we have only had about 10 inches all Winter

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like tenn. is in for some bad weather to coily, spring is coming !

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like it is just going to miss us here. I'm sure we'll be in for one before the end of the season as well.

All of you in the path, be careful. Stock up on supplies and stay off the roads.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel bad for you southern folk, man your getting clobbered. Here in central N.Y. we are catching a break. Only 4 to 6 inches expected. Hope our break lasts another couple months and you southern folks get a slow thaw so you don't get floods.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel bad for you southern folk, man your getting clobbered. Here in central N.Y. we are catching a break. Only 4 to 6 inches expected. Hope our break lasts another couple months and you southern folks get a slow thaw so you don't get floods.

Well, rain washed out my bridge 4 times last year. We're pretty used to floods now - didn't use to be that way! Must be Global Warming (like I believe that propaganda...)

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the old days the weather was hard to predict. So a local weather man knew that the Native Americans could predict the winter conditions. So he goes out to the local reservation and sees the Indians stacking wood for the winter. He gets on the radio and forcasts a mild to cold winter. A week later he goes out to the reservation and notices the Indians have stacked more wood. He gets on the radio and forcasts a strong winter. Next week another trip to the reservation, lots of wood has been piled up, more than he has ever seen them stack. He gets on the radio and predicts the worst winter ever. Next week back to the reservation tons of wood stacked. The weatherman finds the chief and asks "Chief how do you know what kind of winter we will have" the Chief replys "I listen to the weather forcast on the radio"

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the old days the weather was hard to predict. So a local weather man knew that the Native Americans could predict the winter conditions. So he goes out to the local reservation and sees the Indians stacking wood for the winter. He gets on the radio and forcasts a mild to cold winter. A week later he goes out to the reservation and notices the Indians have stacked more wood. He gets on the radio and forcasts a strong winter. Next week another trip to the reservation, lots of wood has been piled up, more than he has ever seen them stack. He gets on the radio and predicts the worst winter ever. Next week back to the reservation tons of wood stacked. The weatherman finds the chief and asks "Chief how do you know what kind of winter we will have" the Chief replys "I listen to the weather forcast on the radio"

THAT A REALLY A GOOD ONE LOL

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes wonder if our weather man uses a weather rock. If it's wet, it raining. If it's covered in snow, it's snowing, and on and on.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its raining, its snowing, the ole man is snoring, wrong I'm up watching this crap. I suppose being stuck at the house could be a good thing! lol. Suppose to snow for two day. Hopefully the roads will melt by sunday!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck to you that are going to get hit hard. Supposedly we will dodge the bullet this time...4 inches plus or minus here they say now.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck guys, don't forget the beer and brandy in case the power goes out ! Im thinking 8 more weeks and we should be in good shape-weather wise here :occasion14:

Umm, excuse me, did you forget something? If you are going to have the beer, you darn well better have the Doritos..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions