Know anybody holding a super rare coin(s) or a large hoard?

bluecamel2015

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy who has around 500 raw Trade Dollars. I know for a fact there are a pair of the 1878-cc in there (Not a 1878-cc Morgan. This is an 1878-cc Trade Dollar which are extremely rare) that are around AU as I have examined both.

He is an older guy and extremely savy. He used to go to rural areas and buy up estates and he bought one and these coins were inside. As crazy as that sounds I meet people like this all the time. Even today I have a few friends who clean up foreclosed homes for banks and you would be absolutely blown away the stuff people leave behind.

I do have a fellow collector pal who knows a guy sitting in an extremely rare coin but he won't sell it or even let us look at it anymore. He got to view it once. Lastly I have become good friends with a guy in upstate NY who inherited an incredible collection. I am talking VF chain cent, 1851 Seated Dollar, etc. He basically calls me once or twice a hear to sell me some coins when he needs money.

Anybody else got stories to tell?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. I am the guy who finds coins collections in foreclosed and clean outs all the time. I am not amazed at what is left behind because I have seen it all.......

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a wheat penny?:dontknow:

:laughing7: I have seen some crazy collections! There are people out there with stuff that we only dream of! And more people have it than most of us think! If I only had everything that went through my hands alone! It would be a cool story! But it's just in the "Highlight reel" for now!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluecamel2015

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. I am the guy who finds coins collections in foreclosed and clean outs all the time. I am not amazed at what is left behind because I have seen it all.......

Any examples?

It really does baffle my mind what is left in foreclosed homes. I can't tell you how many guys/gals call me and they don't think I will believe it and I always tell them I have heard it all before.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father passed about 5 years ago. My mother moved from here (TN.) back to MI 2.5 yrs. ago. They both left me the property and the home I set up for them to have. 2 years passed and I continued to use the wood working shop my father and I set up and used. Within this shop was a small storage area. I finally sold the 8 acres, home and the shop. While cleaning out the storage area I found all KINDS of collectible stuff. A lot of coins were there. Gold coins (5).... 1849 California gold dollars and MANY others. A large box of OLD ceramic dolls. And about a month ago I finally opened up a heavy box and found about 2000 wheat pennies and MANY steel pennies. I'm still sorting out all the wheat pennies by decades and have a lot more to go through still.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
No Sir Mr IRS Agent, I have nothing!

SgtShultz.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread