GROUP HUNT IN NORTHEAST NORTH CAROLINA/HAMPTON ROADS AREA

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
OK, here it is. I helped put together a decent hunt in VA, the Pipsico hunt. I've learned alot and think I can pull one off that will be better.
Right now I'm testing the water to see if anyone is interested. This event will feature multiple locations with multiple time frames (colonial, CW, silver coin era and more recent).
I've got some great spots to hunt and would like to put something together with about 20 people.
This event will be most likely held in November after the soy beans are havested for maximum space.

Lets hear it people... Whos interested?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,
How far from the Raleigh area? I don't have a fancy detector, but love digging up CW relics and old coins. ;D
Thanks,
MM

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
ModernMiner said:
Dave,
How far from the Raleigh area? I don't have a fancy detector, but love digging up CW relics and old coins. ;D
Thanks,
MM

MM, its about 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from there I believe. Other side of Elizabeth City, along the Currituck Sound if that helps.

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Stacylee926 said:
Sounds great to me!
Dave, is this a day hunt?

I'm thinking we can do an overnight thing again.... Mostly because there is alot of ground to be covered.
There are several camp sites close, plus Elizabeth City, NC and Chesapeake, VA is only 15~20 minutes away... Also a couple of B&B in town that I might be able to get a deal with the owners for anyone interested.

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Dave,

Count me as a definate maybe! ;D

I'm definately interested, just need to hear the specifics, and see how things are at work when we get closer!

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
CarolinaDigs said:
Hi Dave if there will be some other ladies involved I would love for the chance to be apart of this hunt ;D

StacyLee is interested as also Ann (Ron and Ann). Plus my fiancee will be there too.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great. May be able to make it on a weekend. My in-laws live in Durham, so might be able to convince the wife to make the 6 hour drive there and then I'd continue on the next day. Let us know details.

Also, I have the 2 box attachment for my Garrett Master Hunter. Never used it, but might be something to play around with.

HH.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,
November may work out for me. I would be come from New Jersey but I have access to a house in Corolla and since that would be the off season I'm sure it is not rented. Do you think it would be on a weekend?
NJ (John)

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
N.J.THer said:
Dave,
November may work out for me. I would be come from New Jersey but I have access to a house in Corolla and since that would be the off season I'm sure it is not rented. Do you think it would be on a weekend?
NJ (John)

For sure on a weekend. Its the only time I get off, and probably the same with everyone else since Christmas would be right around the corner.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,
Count me in then...I really would love to hunt a colonial or CW site. I would not even mind the 8 hour drive after work on Friday. Thanks
NJ

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
N.J.THer said:
Dave,
Count me in then...I really would love to hunt a colonial or CW site. I would not even mind the 8 hour drive after work on Friday. Thanks
NJ

Another thing John, OBX is not just around the corner... You know how you come down to the OBX? Most likely down 158... Well the areas that we will be are more close to the border area of VA/NC (Around where the Borderstation and Southland are).
You could save a ton of money either shacking up at one of the 2 B&Bs or staying in a hotel in Chesapeake or Elizabeth City.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the suggestion...If I do the B&B the wife may even come down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions