Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys and gals...been busy with blacksmithing and playing my 5-string banjo...anyway, I own a garrett at pro and a ace 250...think of getting the ace 400 when it comes out...do you think this is too much of a overlap of what I already own? also thinking of getting a 5x8 I think it is for my at pro over my 8.5x 11.0" coil for trashy areas.....I just ordered my new at pro pointer carrot....love the old one but one cannot beat technology...

thanks,
Gary

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your AT Pro does the same thing the 400 does. I have an AT Pro and see no need for the 400. Save your money.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and move out of Minnesota - - - - - - - Wisest advise I can give!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
M
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I would but have 2000 hours scuba diving alone in lake mtka. cannot begin to tell you what I have found since 1971...actually have a museum at the house...so that will never happen....rings in the hundreds....nice try though!!!

OP
OP
M
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, tell me what you would like pics of? hundreds of items found in the lake...pottery, bottles, boats, motorcycles...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I would but have 2000 hours scuba diving alone in lake mtka. cannot begin to tell you what I have found since 1971...actually have a museum at the house...so that will never happen....rings in the hundreds....nice try though!!!

Oh, I hear ya - I have so many incredible finds. I would love to head over and check out your finds if your OK with that.
Shoot me a PM and let me know - I'm only 20 Minutes from you, we could go out detecting or diving someday.............

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 5x8 coil.Not super sensitive on small items but finds the coin sized targets easy enough.

OP
OP
M
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just send me a pm...my items will be on display this summer at some bottle shows and in excelsior at one of the historical society meetings....usually do not show in the house...hope you understand...I have not dove for 4 years since I was paralyzed from the waist down and came back somewhat.... we can still go detecting but I do not last very long because of my trunk area (hips)

thanks,
Gary

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new detector. I also have the garret carrot and am learning it. Not sure the functions will matter that much but like not having to keep my old one water proofed. Have a great season. I have my forge running now building a giant hand hammered fire pit.Hope to weld it all up in the morn :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that seems like a big project...what gauge steel did you go with? like 18 gauge??? what diameter?

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread