T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't that hard to dispose of a 100 ancient gold coins, at the end of the day who would be looking for them. Certainly not the owners.:laughing7:

SS
How much do you think a person would get for 100 old gold coins?? What I'm getting at is: If I deposit too much money, it is reported to the IRS. Do I hid it under my mattress?? Do I convert it to spendable bullion?? Do I go in and plunk a wad of it down for a new truck?? It would just be hard to explain that much cash to the authorities if they asked you!!:dontknow:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You DON"T sell off a gold stash of 100 coins. You sell one coin at a time, different times, different places and by different people. You don't deposit the cash gains and you keep your mouth shut for a long time about your find. Just get a lot of pics, video for prosperity.... So later someone can say.... "Look what Grandpa found"..... :laughing7:
You answered my question before I posted it!!:thumbsup:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much do you think a person would get for 100 old gold coins?? What I'm getting at is: If I deposit too much money, it is reported to the IRS. Do I hid it under my mattress?? Do I convert it to spendable bullion?? Do I go in and plunk a wad of it down for a new truck?? It would just be hard to explain that much cash to the authorities if they asked you!!:dontknow:

That's a loaded question for sure.... Depends on the years, condition and how quickly you want to convert the coins into cash. But this endeavor has been done.... rest assured! :occasion14:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That coin is fabulous! When we were in London last year we were going to try and arrange to go mudlarking on the Thames but it didn't work out. I know if you dig, actually dig even just a little bit you have to pay the piper so to speak and then turn over any finds you've made to The Port Authority. Well as it turned out,the day we were to go it rained Poodles and Bulldogs,was my birthday but we had a fabulous time anyway and went to The Tower of London. Limitool I'll bet if you keep looking you'll find a Golden Horseshoe!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad is looking for the other 3, cause "someone" has his first golden horseshoe. :sly:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad is looking for the other 3, cause "someone" has his first golden horseshoe. :sly:

Horrible happenstance CoilyGirl.... I found the 1st. Golden horseshoe with the MD. (marked it) and left it in the ground till I found the other 3. During the night SOMEONE slipped in from GA., dug it up.... AND POSTED IT!!!!!! I'm now moving on....

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what I was getting at was, it would be easy to sell said gold coins...and get cash. I wouldn't have to deposit anything. The money that changes hands at the coin fairs here is unbelievable, and no questions asked.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread