Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... and that is why you never ever ever show an archie what you've found. :BangHead:

Certificate of appreciation? You gotta be kidding!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... and that is why you never ever ever show an archie what you've found. :BangHead:

Certificate of appreciation? You gotta be kidding!
Yes she was well rewarded...I'd have done the same.:laughing9:

SS

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome coin!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man if I would have found that and they offered me a certificate, I would have told them where they could deposit that certificate. Homey don't play that.... Now if we could get a value placed on that coin, well then at least give me that much of a tax break going forward.

I still can't get over the fact about the Certificate :dontknow: ??? :icon_scratch:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at least give a $20 for a few beers!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The price of gold is just paper over there. But I would have at least savored the find for a few days.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man if I would have found that and they offered me a certificate, I would have told them where they could deposit that certificate. Homey don't play that.... Now if we could get a value placed on that coin, well then at least give me that much of a tax break going forward.

I still can't get over the fact about the Certificate :dontknow: ??? :icon_scratch:
Amen Brother, Day toucha my coin and I breaka day face.:pain10::evil4:
Marvin

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would at lest take a few personal pics with it....before I had to hand it over.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
"The authority said she will receive a certificate of appreciation for handing over the coin."

Only two of them in the whole world. And the government claims the coin for itself. Sometimes, I really just wonder what the $(%*&(%*&^ we are doing being "ruled" by governments who believe that a lost coin on the ground belongs to "the people" because it's their heritage. Fine. Pay the guy for it. Governments print their own money, anyway!

Skippy
Who said the govt claimed the coin for itself?

From the article:

"Rimon, from a kibbutz in northern Israel, turned it over to the Israel Antiquities Authority. It was her own little miracle."It was not easy parting with the coin," she said. "After all, it is not every day one discovers such an amazing object, but I hope I will see it displayed in a museum in the near future.""

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who said the govt claimed the coin for itself?

From the article:

"Rimon, from a kibbutz in northern Israel, turned it over to the Israel Antiquities Authority. It was her own little miracle."It was not easy parting with the coin," she said. "After all, it is not every day one discovers such an amazing object, but I hope I will see it displayed in a museum in the near future.""

Who the hell do you think it was turned over to if not into a Govt. agency? I'd NEVER DO IT.... I..... I...............Never mind.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in the U.K. they at least give you a percentage of your find, after it is auctioned off to a museum!! How about a comment from you fellars across the "pond"??

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in the U.K. they at least give you a percentage of your find, after it is auctioned off to a museum!! How about a comment from you fellars across the "pond"??
It would totally belong to the finder, as it's a single find 100% you would own it. Treasure act only applies to.. two or more coins of a precious metal over 300 years old.

Hence my earlier tonge in the cheek reply T.C.:laughing7:

SS

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would totally belong to the finder, as it's a single find 100% you would own it. Treasure act only applies to.. two or more coins of a precious metal over 300 years old.

Hence my earlier tonge in the cheek reply T.C.:laughing7:

SS

That's pretty cool the way the Brits do it. If ya think about it, how is a person gonna sell off a gold stash of say 100 gold coins?? If ya get caught, ya might get Federal time for tax evasion etc., etc. I would dislike sharing it with the Feds, but what else are ya gonna do??:dontknow:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool the way the Brits do it. If ya think about it, how is a person gonna sell off a gold stash of say 100 gold coins?? If ya get caught, ya might get Federal time for tax evasion etc., etc. I would dislike sharing it with the Feds, but what else are ya gonna do??:dontknow:
It wouldn't that hard to dispose of a 100 ancient gold coins, at the end of the day who would be looking for them. Certainly not the owners.:laughing7:

SS

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You DON"T sell off a gold stash of 100 coins. You sell one coin at a time, different times, different places and by different people. You don't deposit the cash gains and you keep your mouth shut for a long time about your find. Just get a lot of pics, video for prosperity.... So later someone can say.... "Look what Grandpa found"..... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread