Hot & humid days

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hot & humid days

This is a nice time to be able to slide into the water. If your not near water, why on Earth did you move there?

M

miser

If you're in Florida, forget it. Summer is here with a vengeance. I'll try to start early and finish by 11:00 and then go back around 6.

However, if you're looking to lose weight, an afternoon swinging the detector in the heat beats the gym any day of the week! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
eagle77

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70

Sandman said:
This is a nice time to be able to slide into the water. If your not near water, why on Earth did you move there?

GGG grandfather thought Nebraska would be a great place to ranch and farm. So in the true tradition of "go west young man" he didn't want to be the only one left in England ;)

Went to Flordia last year in June, I can sympathize with you miser.

Temps are looking better the upcoming week.

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT

Yeah; I live in st cloud and its a real kicker. I have to keep taking off my headphones and shaking out the sweat. Drink gatorade and be happy..I prefer the evening or early morning. Almost kot hit/bit by a cottonmouth (snake) last week, it was dusk/I was at the lakefront/in the weeds. The bugger was under my coil and big. Whew...I got lucky...Dan

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

i cant stand this hot humid crap. im english so i dont do well in direct sunlight! ;D im more of a 70 degrees and overcast kind of guy. ::) in this weather i start at sun up and am done by 11.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I live near St. Louis and the last few days have been bad..90's and very dry. I'll go out in the morning after putting on sunscreen and drinking lots of water, but still end up dripping after about 15 minutes..the ground is so dry that it's harder to dig..we need some rain along with cloudy days soon so I can get out and really enjoy it again like I did during the spring months..

Nat

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

I am at the end of a period the longest for me since it got warm without hunting 5 days. The heat burned me up last week and I was not feeling good for a few days. Well the 5 days are over, soreness gone...guess its time to head out tomorrow! :) Heat is supposed to break here by Tuesday...hopefully for you too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread