Platinum Bars Treasures.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
BioProfessor said:
Come on guys. I never said you need certificates to sell precious metal. He said that he had a bar of platinum with a certificate. I said a certificate is no good. You need assay marks, serial numbers, or other things struck into the bar itself to be of any benefit. A bar and a piece of paper will get you a cup of coffee at the Salvation Army. Just having a certificate IS NO GOOD.

Back to the bars.

You never said what was on the bars. What marks are there? There should be a company logo as well as purity information, etc on the bar. Like this picture. If not, they will have to be assayed to determine what is it as well as the purity before they can be sold.

What about the bank notes. If you give us the info off one of the bills, we can tell you if they are still valid currency. All banknotes are not the same. Scan one if you can. We are all shooting in the dark here if we don't have the information.

One more thing to mention. There was recently a pretty long thread about what to do with a GIA inscribed diamond. The same thing applies here with a serialized bar of precious metal. Numbers are numbers and there are worldwide records.

Give us more information so we can help. Help you get to the right place and also get it done right.

For my money, it sounds like YOU are either being scammed or set up for one. Give us some information so we can tell you.

Daryl

Thanks again Daryl. You are helpfull here. I'am waiting for those guys to give me the details. I will post the pic here or i will just send those pictures to your PM.

I need to see the picture again to make sure it's right when i post info here.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I would do this quickly. I think this sounds more and more like a scam and you are going to be in the middle.

Daryl

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
BioProfessor said:
I would do this quickly. I think this sounds more and more like a scam and you are going to be in the middle.

Daryl

Yeah! i'am going to do this quickly but please no rush. No scam in this thread. i'am not selling anything here. I just need some advice and thanks to you and other guys for good info.

Thanks.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
I am not saying you are scamming us.

I am saying that the deal with the platinum bars, gold, US bank notes sounds like a scam. We are trying to help keep YOU from getting scammed.

Daryl

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
BioProfessor said:
I am not saying you are scamming us.

I am saying that the deal with the platinum bars, gold, US bank notes sounds like a scam. We are trying to help keep YOU from getting scammed.

Daryl

Sorry mate. I will be very carefull on this deal. I will check again.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seaview, good luck on keeping it. If I found some Gold or Platinum bars out Treasure Hunting, from what I've read, I wouldn.t get to keep any of it, so they say..Dowser

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
We also have $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. I check through the internet and found that they said most of the paper money has been destroyed and what we have are most likely fake ones.

Do you have any info to check out the currency security features. We do not only have the money, we also have the currency certs together with the box.

Please advice.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
seaview said:
We also have $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. I check through the internet and found that they said most of the paper money has been destroyed and what we have are most likely fake ones.

Do you have any info to check out the currency security features. We do not only have the money, we also have the currency certs together with the box.

Please advice.

I guess it's a fake ones. If you guys have links to where i could check the security features it would be very helpfull.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
I guess they didn't know it's a counterfeit money. Thats why they ask me to check out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Be Carefull

Finding Counterfeit Money & Not knowing it is Counterfeit,
IF you are not From the U.S.

Does not a Scam Make.

Do NOT accuse Anyone of perpetrating a SCAM
without Documented Proof.

I see it again
Or even a "BUT" the Accuser gets All his posts deleted from the Thread ;)

IF I Wasn't Educated on the Yen & I found a Hundred Million
YEN, I may post asking
If I can Use or sell it.
This dosn't mean I'm trying to Scam someone.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
jeff of pa said:
Please Be Carefull

Finding Counterfeit Money & Not knowing it is Counterfeit,
IF you are not From the U.S.

Does not a Scam Make.

Do NOT accuse Anyone of perpetrating a SCAM
without Documented Proof.

I see it again
Or even a "BUT" the Accuser gets All his posts deleted from the Thread ;)

IF I Wasn't Educated on the Yen & I found a Hundred Million
YEN, I may post asking
If I can Use or sell it.
This dosn't mean I'm trying to Scam someone.

Thanks for the advice MOD. I will be very careful on this deal. This is the lastest pic i got from our partners.

goldbar002ra6.png

Will post more pictures here.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
The picture you have is not of gold bars. Sorry. They are the wrong shape and do not have the correct stamps on them. They are what people think they look like. Here are some real ones. Look carefully at the shape and the tops.

Attachments

• gold-bars.jpg
    gold-bars.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,198
  • goldingots2.jpg
    goldingots2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,775
  • goldingots4.jpg
    goldingots4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,912

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BioProfessor said:
The picture you have is not of gold bars. Sorry. They are the wrong shape and do not have the correct stamps on them. They are what people think they look like. Here are some real ones. Look carefully at the shape and the tops.

I believe he said Platinum ?

However so far I havn't found Platinum bars that large
or shape on the net.
Just small Bullion Bars.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
seaview said:
DJ_Quinn said:
You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.

Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

If you read this previous post, he says they also have gold bars. In a PM to me, he said he was going to post pictures of the gold bars. I thought he posted it to the thread as well but maybe not.

Daryl

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'm mistaken then.
So many Different Posts :P

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BioProfessor said:
The picture you have is not of gold bars. Sorry.

I got a picture, but it was of the "Platinum" bars, not gold bars. You probably got the same pic. If those are Platinum, they're worth a ton. Hard to tell from the fuzzy pic though. Can't read the markings on them. If they're around 15#'s each, well... Something doesn't look right though, in the picture, to me.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm just joining the discussion here, but what exactly is your connection with your "partners?" Are they asking YOU to buy the bars? Are you a business partner? Why don't you seem to be "in the know" if you're a partner? And why are they coming to you (who doesn't seem to know about precious metal liquidation) for their loot? We certainly hate to see people get scammed so please forgive the questioning.

Darren

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread