A Picture of the Car You Wished You Still Had!

Apr 7, 2016
Cranberry twp.,Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Pro/XL 6000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I regretted selling my 1984 SVO Mustang before it had even turned the corner off my street. What was I thinking? image.jpeg

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin,
A 62 Impala SS and an XKE will forever remain on my dream list, maybe some day!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1296553

1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop

Isn't that a 1956 Chevy TH?

Rusty you are 100% correct, unfortunately I lost all pictures of some of the cars I have owned years ago due to moving, I have moved over 20 times in my life due to my jobs at the time and lost a couple of cardboard boxes one of which had hundreds of my photos including my cars.. I used a stock photo and grabbed the wrong one.

I bought my 57 Chevy in 1966 when I graduated High School for $500, it had a 3 speed on the floor shifter, I have always preferred stick over auto.. Even my 76 Chev van was stick which I converted to Hurst 3 speed on the floor... My 55 Chevy had a 4 speed Hurst on the floor, Muncie 4 speed tranny, 350 corvette engine, bucket seats and rear seat were out of a 76 Monte Carlo re-done in button tuck, new roof liner, carpet and doors were also button tuck.....

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was t- boned in my 56 ford f-100 it was fully restored. I bought another one at a wreaking yard and combined parts. I then found out it was stolen 6 years before. CHP introduced me to the old owner and he was impressed how it looked. He felt bad and sold it to me for $1 :hello2: Two months later the sheriff came to my house wanting to talk to me. My truck seemed to be used in a rape and murder of a young woman. I took them to the place i bought it and they arrested 2 men. Both and are still in the joint. I was 18 at the time and 62 now and I STILL HAVE THIS HAUNTED TRUCK.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... either my 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (383 magnum - factory plain) or my 1969 Dodge GTX (383 magnum - I built).

I was just too busy racing and having fun to take pictures ... would have only seen a blurrrrrr anyways.
I had a cousin who got pulled over in Milwaukee, Wi one night doing 136 miles per hour. When I ask him how they were able to do that. He responded they have HEMI'S to!!!!

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
'69 Dodge Charger R/T SE, 4 speed, 4.10 posi, bought it in 1974 with a blown motor. I had a '68 383 magnum out of a friends wrecked Roadrunner. Before I put the motor in, I milled the heads .040, Crane Fireball Cam, Edelbrock Torker single plane, Holley off of a 440 police car, dual point distributor out of the same police car.
Got married in 1979, sold it a short time later to pay for our first child. Had no insurance.

Attachments

• charg1.jpg
    charg1.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 72
  • charg2.jpg
    charg2.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned many but the ones I wish I'd kept were 1) '55 Chevy 110, baby blue all original , 25K miles. 2) 1957 Chevy Apache step-side pickup, also baby blue, oak bed and all original. 3) 1969 Jeep CJ5, factory installed -- Buick V6 225cid, Warn All Range Overdrive, Warn Locking Hubs. It was factory built for hill-climbing. There was a level in the instrumentation panel to let you know when you were in danger of tip over.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'69 Dodge Charger R/T SE, 4 speed, 4.10 posi, bought it in 1974 with a blown motor. I had a '68 383 magnum out of a friends wrecked Roadrunner. Before I put the motor in, I milled the heads .040, Crane Fireball Cam, Edelbrock Torker single plane, Holley off of a 440 police car, dual point distributor out of the same police car.
Got married in 1979, sold it a short time later to pay for our first child. Had no insurance.

REAL long story short here..... I was helping a friend in the late 70's pull an engine in the same car above. He wanted to pull the trans and motor at once. So.... We got the motor mounts loose, wiring and then went to trans bolts upon the present cross member. We couldn't break them loose (no impacts available) .... tried and tried... failed! Mr. know it all then (me) says... "Let's get some torque on it"...? So I put put a 1/2 drive on the bolt head along with a 4' foot steel bar on the breaker bar. I braced my foot upon the rear tire and pulled... then pulled a little harder... yep "something" gave!!!!! The bolt broke and the steel bar came back and clocked me DIRECTLY on the chin.... LIGHTS OUT!!!!! I mean OUT!!!!! INSTANTLY. I came too when my buddy was carrying me into his house about two minutes later. Other than the huge mouser I had on my lower jaw I was fine.................

But I got that damn bolt out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah sounds like me! They tell you a thousand times to take your rings off when doing any of that kind of work but I knew better. I knew better until I got my wedding ring caught between the starter and the engine block. Yep, nice black ring around my finger!

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had my 65 comet cyclone, 64 come wagon and a 75 American clipper, 58 VW bus but i have a 65 ford falcon van still. My 65 comet cyclone my first car while in the army, then sold in 92 baby on the way and then I saw an ad for it so I got it back in 2000 and still had my papers in the in the car but now it's gone as everything I had coins, 3 metal detectors, but I have my daughter that helps me now and got her into looking at coins and cash, time to start again, but lost my wife after 21yrs of marriage to a 19yrs old kid my daughter boyfriend, but my x will get it now from me, time move on now for me to have fun again

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not My Car But its Beautiful Just Like My Mom In the Picture She past away several years ago HH Chug She would have been 70 this year

VZM.IMG_20160409_211705.jpg

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had my 65 comet cyclone, 64 come wagon and a 75 American clipper, 58 VW bus but i have a 65 ford falcon van still. My 65 comet cyclone my first car while in the army, then sold in 92 baby on the way and then I saw an ad for it so I got it back in 2000 and still had my papers in the in the car but now it's gone as everything I had coins, 3 metal detectors, but I have my daughter that helps me now and got her into looking at coins and cash, time to start again, but lost my wife after 21yrs of marriage to a 19yrs old kid my daughter boyfriend, but my x will get it now from me, time move on now for me to have fun again

Hey Merc,
Yeah life deals us many twists and turns and many bumps in the road but you are strong enough to be a real survivor! Get out there and hunt and live a full life!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to have my 30 Plymouth roadster with a 331 hemi, no fenders, side pipes hot rod. Wasn't a high dollar car but it was fun.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1978, my first car was a '57 chevy. Had to have one! Owned camaros, gto, charger, the usually belly-button cars that you see hundreds of when you hit the shows.

Later, the only one that I kept, and still have - along with a '71.

Attachments

• IMG_0658 [640x480] (1).JPG
    IMG_0658 [640x480] (1).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1978, my first car was a '57 chevy. Had to have one! Owned camaros, gto, charger, the usually belly-button cars that you see hundreds of when you hit the shows.

Later, the only one that I kept, and still have - along with a '71.

Wow that is a beauty along with that Mark Donahue spoiler! I had a 70 Golden Lime AMX, a 72 black AMX, 74 401 green with a white vinyl top AMX and a 77 Hornet AMX. I was a service manager for an AMX dealer for 13 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread