Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My husband buys and sells Civil War relics in an antique store here and he got a call last week from the owner's wife about a friend of hers who had found several things in the dirt beside some bushes beside her house. She sent him pictures of some things she had dug up and she obviously has found a trash pit. She had several turn of the century bottle lips, old pieces of pottery crocks, an iron curry comb, pieces of a ladies' Victorian lace up shoe and several heel taps. We originally thought she had just found a few items but we went over there after metal detecting and she literally had about 20 Tupperware containers full of broken glass,old thick embossed pieces as well as broken china, various metal objects, an old iron toy choo choo train that we are going to help her earn how to do electrolysis on. We took our probe with us to see if we could find where a privy was but no such luck. She even dug a 1910 Barber dime. The woman is hooked and I can totally relate. She has a Bounty Hunter but has not read how to use it yet. I would love to go back and help her sometime.

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very cool....nice start for her !!!