The best finds of my FIRST 7 WEEKS EVER of metal detecting!

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The items are grouped as I found them at different locations.

003.JPG

12 o'clock 2 Rosies at a house next door to where I found a 63 Rosie and a 10k gold filled ring.
2 o'clock a 1093 walking liberty half and a Katera Lily of the Mohawks 1950'S pendant, and a wee Turkish coin, 1965.

3 o'clock is a Cub Scouts necktie clasp and 2 Mercury dimes.
4 o'clock is a merc somewhere, an Indian from somewhere, and a PAIR of earings (maybe not silver but I found a PAIR! How cool is that!) from another yard.

I do not log finds, and I didn't know I found an Indian head penny, till I looked over the 70 plus wheat pennies I have found, wondering after I found two others late last week.

6 o'clock is two yards across the street from each other. One had two Mercs and the other one, and a Sterling Cubs BSA ring.

7 o'clock is a 52 quarter, another Mercury, and another from three yards.
9 o'clock was a GEM of a yard. I found a 5 coin spill of 3 quarters and 2 dimes all 1946 to 1951. I also found a mercury dime here, and there, and a 64 quarter. I am not sure what that gold badge is. It is two towers with a door in the middle and "HQ" top center. I wonder if it is a military or VMI thing. Also a strange gold tab, also with a damaged backing. 8 SILVER COINS IN A WEE YARD!

11 o'clock is a Gorham sterling silver spoon, in a yard next to where I found the earrings. In another yard a 1900 Barber Half....

WOW!

7 furious weeks. I have like 90 hours on my first metal detector EVER, a Tesoro Vaquero, recommended by Larry at Big Valley Metal Detectors. I am happy with my first detector, have dug like 77 wheat pennies, a pint of clad dimes, quarters and nickels, and a pint of Memorial Lincolns.

OH! in the middle of the photo is from a 1920's house I am excited about, and currently working. There are 4 empty park like lots associated with it next to a creek, and it hasn't been detected. I have found in two days, a monogrammed sterling ring, WW1 lead toy soldier with machine gun, two Indian pennies, a Merc, and just today a wee cannon toy piece, a 1940 quarter in real good shape, a miniball, and wee round ball, a strange half of a coin(?), and a 1921 Virginia dog tag (one of a few I have found).

It has been fun. I am up to 4 rusty pocket knives, all kinds of whatsits, pounds of iron (but I am getting better at not digging that stuff), and all the while LEARNING. Today I dug about everything, and got a ring, bracelet, and necklace with heart pendant, ALL JUNK! but still.....

All the best and I should have started this 20 years ago!

sugarcreek

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you off to a good start.
Well done.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start!!!! I can feel your enthusiasm though the words in your post............
I'd say "Keep it going", but I don't believe it is necessary.........!!! :laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Relax, you have many great years ahead. Really nice finds and no doubt more to come...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! You're off to a good start!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice start. You have done really well.

OP
OP
S

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. Monday I detect the site of a local small city carnival that lasted many years, into the 60's.

I am tamping down the enthusiasm.

That house I found 8 silvers at was a wee non descript one of many on a city street. I have been on GRAND old house sites and found nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread