digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want the coins personally. I make sure they know that there not that valuable except to my collection. Most don't want the relics.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most people only want to see what you've pulled. I had one guy that asked if I found 2 older coins of the same style, that he's like the one of lesser value. I did have one old timer that wanted to split 50 50. He was looking in every hole I dug. after about 45 minutes, I just gave him everything and left. Hard to detect when the owner is in your way. I do tell them that if I find a cache, we split it 50/50 and I also ask if they lost any keys or jewelry and such before I start.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, most people only want to see what you find. Anytime I go somewhere new I propose if I were to find a "treasure", like a wad of silver or gold coins, we split it 50/50 and nobody ever says a word about it. I have never dug a cache of silver or gold coins, and probably never will.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed ahead of time. If it's 50/50:BangHead:
I get picks 1,3,5,7,9,etc
He gets 2,4,6,8,10, etc
Otherwise he gets one pick and I get the rest.
Marvin
PS, that's why I like parks and public property-------------------------I take all.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your hobby, your detector, your tools, your plugs, your trash...see where I'm going?
I got it in my mind that if anyone wants what I find, they can call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, and get their own gear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread