Your on video!

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know if there is a product out there on the market that provides live video feedback to a cell, laptop or iPad I can place at my mine. I am assuming it would have to run solar if it's wireless and transmit how? In Arizona we get some traffic thru the desert from Mexico but it's the others that see a active claim or mine and think it's open season. Even gated entrance to mine doesn't stop trespassing sometimes. I would like something that is off the grid so to speek in some areas that would have to transmit 34 miles.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Plenty of that stuff out there, but at what range are you looking for. SV is a broad subject, but if it just needs to transmit to something close by then Garmin makes a great action cam.

OP
OP
4Strokes1Pick&Poke

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We do not have night operations due to security issues in fact my mine in some spots has turned into a scouting point for drug traffic entering from Mexico. They keep hidden and don't want attention however if they are looking to avoid overhead patrol they will break in. But again they are the least of problems the problem is too much information online about active operations and value. You can sit at home and walk around anywhere in the woods and have free access. Google Earth miners lol

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
We do not have night operations due to security issues in fact my mine in some spots has turned into a scouting point for drug traffic entering from Mexico. They keep hidden and don't want attention however if they are looking to avoid overhead patrol they will break in.

Have you considered reporting this to local LEO's. Heck give them a key with open permission to trespass violators.

34 mile transmitting, you should contact a proper SV firm to ensure that you get a good price.

I would recommend Trojan Securities International, they have a foot print all over the world. The owners and operators are top notch.

If you would like contact details feel free to PM me, I will put you in touch with one of the owners. They are based in Arkansas but like I said have a global foot print. Our Agency sends many operators to the US and other places for training, but for the past 7 years we have only been dealing with TSI state side because they are the best.

OP
OP
4Strokes1Pick&Poke

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes border patrol is my only option and they are looking for only illegals. Maybe my question should be is there a company that will let you use their eye in the sky to assess real time footage. There seems to be a problem with national security in that area and why google earth has a delay in time. That probably wouldn't have the zoom needed anyways or picture capture capabilities. Like I said having smart phones has more app options for the price.

OP
OP
4Strokes1Pick&Poke

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it cost more than a few hundred a month it wouldn't be to my advantage. It's the point, if I let my ego take over I would be spending thousands of dollars to catch a 75 pound theif. One thing local refiners are good at are recognizing ore and require an assay to refine any large amounts. If they are stupid enough to have stolen ore assayed they would recognize the atomic fingerprint of the location and notify me.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are cellular powered deer cameras. They work very good. check chasingame.com for a review on them.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find a way to quietly leak out a rumor that illegals are using the mine as a way station, the Feds will start watching it for you

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Google low voltage security systems, they will probably just take your system though lol. My buddy had a claim here in Ca and when we visited it a couple of years ago some claim jumpers had cross cut the claim by hand 6ft down lol, the weird part was my buddy hit bedrock 2 feet below where the jumpers left the ditch and got some good gold, so maybe there is a silver lining and you can entice people to remove the overburden for you lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know if there is a product out there on the market that provides live video feedback to a cell, laptop or iPad I can place at my mine. I am assuming it would have to run solar if it's wireless and transmit how? In Arizona we get some traffic thru the desert from Mexico but it's the others that see a active claim or mine and think it's open season. Even gated entrance to mine doesn't stop trespassing sometimes. I would like something that is off the grid so to speek in some areas that would have to transmit 34 miles.

Really depends on a couple of things. Do you have a protected power source for the camera(s) and transmission box? Is there a cell phone tower in range? We had to set up with batteries and sat-phone connections at a mine in the Bradshaws. It was very expensive and a pain in the you know what!

OP
OP
4Strokes1Pick&Poke

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really depends on a couple of things. Do you have a protected power source for the camera(s) and transmission box? Is there a cell phone tower in range? We had to set up with batteries and sat-phone connections at a mine in the Bradshaws. It was very expensive and a pain in the you know what!

I have had a couple companies TiTiN seems pretty good, they will install and monitor for 389 a month! They are huge! We are going to check with Trojan as well. I can't reek-key-dink it and the other person is right trail cams and the other option of solar with iss cam wireless router batter is only giving them a wifi network and cell access. We have a home you have to go past before you even get to area. Most people are going to lake Patagonia anyways. Will be busy once fishing and boating start.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Game cameras broadcast to cellphones, they're used around here all the time at the mine sites because of theft and vandalism. It seems your main problem is distance, aren't there signal boosters that could be placed between your home and the mine?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread