How have you spent the money youve made Metal Detecting?

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Living west of the MS. river some of our Civil War bullets, mini balls, are fairly rare. That being said I sold three bullets that I have dug. A .69 Mangeot bullet, a .54 MS bullet and a piece of bar shot for a pistol and bought a Browning shotgun, a pair of lacrosse rubber boots and a box of shell to turkey hunt with this was about 10 years ago. Other than those three bullets I still have everything CW related that I have found. I do get in swimming holes in the summer and sell rings and jewelry and that money I put in the bank. So far about 7 grand worth and I started swimming hole detecting about 5 years ago...d2

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too, Since I will most likley not ever find a Morgan Silver Dollar,:BangHead: at the end of the year I buy them with my clad. Most years $200-$300 worth:laughing7:

Last silver was this one.

DSCN0737.JPG DSCN0738.JPG

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too, Since I will most likley not ever find a Morgan Silver Dollar,:BangHead: at the end of the year I buy them with my clad. Most years $200-$300 worth:laughing7:
Never say never Coop, I'm in SE Mich too and have found a Morgan and Peace. Your turn is next.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only hunted for 3 months in 2015 and this will be my 3rd month in 2016..........have accumulated a little over $160 in clad. I'm determined to acquire enough to make my detecting purchases pay for themselves and then save enough to purchase (if I don't find one ???) a 1909 VDB S and finish my Wheat collection.............

I probably have about 10-15 of those thrown in my wheat penny jug....:laughing7: Well maybe (hopefully 1). Still have abut 400-500 wheat pennies to go through seriously. But if I find an extra 3-4 1909 VDB S's I'll throw ya one to complete your collection. Signed... your good buddy, Brad

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably have about 10-15 of those thrown in my wheat penny jug....:laughing7: Well maybe (hopefully 1). Still have abut 400-500 wheat pennies to go through seriously. But if I find an extra 3-4 1909 VDB S's I'll throw ya one to complete your collection. Signed... your good buddy, Brad

That's one heck of a generous offer, Brad......:notworthy:......I've only ever seen one in my 63 years :BangHead:.........at a coin shop...........

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my silver and gold goes into my safe deposit bank . Relics I display and clad I tumble and cash in at the bank coin machine to be used to buy either junk silver or slabbed goodies

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one heck of a generous offer, Brad......:notworthy:......I've only ever seen one in my 63 years :BangHead:.........at a coin shop...........

Yea I know.... But, that's just the kind of guy I am.

But in all seriousness it would be cool to come across. And if I found one you'd hear me all the from TN. to PA.! But if ever found multiples I promise I'll be true to my word since I said it... take that to the bank!!! You better wish me luck buddy. Next rainy day or two I'll start looking again. I got a huge box of them.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I know.... But, that's just the kind of guy I am.

But in all seriousness it would be cool to come across. And if I found one you'd hear me all the from TN. to PA.! But if ever found multiples I promise I'll be true to my word since I said it... take that to the bank!!! You better wish me luck buddy. Next rainy day or two I'll start looking again. I got a huge box of them.

LOL........any time I can do you a good turn, too, just holler.........:laughing7:

A married couple I have known since the Age of Aquarius have been putting Lincoln's in jugs and cans after they married in '74..........I've been through about half of them (est. 22,500) since February............500+ wheats in there, no VDB S...........still, I have another 22,500 or so to go.............

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this "sell" you speak of?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save up all the clad I find and use it to pay the $10.00 admission fee to the Automotive swap meet twice a year. Usually I only have to come up with an additional $9.50 or so to reach the gate fee!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL........any time I can do you a good turn, too, just holler.........:laughing7:

A married couple I have known since the Age of Aquarius have been putting Lincoln's in jugs and cans after they married in '74..........I've been through about half of them (est. 22,500) since February............500+ wheats in there, no VDB S...........still, I have another 22,500 or so to go.............

Yea when I sit down here and grab some handfuls it doesn't take long before my eye is hanging on my cheekbone. I also keep a spreadsheet of what I got also. And then plastic bags by the decades.

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have to find it BEFORE you spend it? Dang ! I been doing it wrong !

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save it all. That's including the beer tabs and the cans too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good friends, get your expenses coins graded and then sell them through a coin auction.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea when I sit down here and grab some handfuls it doesn't take long before my eye is hanging on my cheekbone. I also keep a spreadsheet of what I got also. And then plastic bags by the decades.

I'm only good for 150 to 200 per night........300 on rare occasions........and then do my own hand wrapping for the dump bank.......
And, like you, everything saved is on spreadsheets and tubed..............
Just don't have the stamina I used to have............:icon_scratch:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spend it all on my drug habit. 8-)

Attachments

• tasting.jpg
    tasting.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 67

veemaxx

Dec 22, 2015
Raymond, Ne
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, BH Tracker 4, XP Deus, (CTX 3030 sold due to elbow pain)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I do good a Whooper Meal on the way home, if not then a couple of McDoubles.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Don't bother sending a copy of your finds to the IRS. NSA just did. LOL

Attachments

• _#22 head.jpg
    _#22 head.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 63

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I spend it all on my drug habit. 8-)

Terry, it appears we have the same habit. Your drugs are just more expensive than mine! :tongue3:

I have yet to sell anything that I've found. I turn my clad into the bank slowly but surely. So far though, I've only turned in a total of $84.33. I've got around 3x that amount waiting to be turned in. That money just goes into the same pot as all my other hobby money which buys everything from batteries and gas to the detectors themselves.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get to spend any of it, that's the point where the wife takes over, I think it was on the marriage license, something about my competency. I didn't read the fine print.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread