Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Stolen MD's & Gear Recovered

So as some may know on Mothers day a great deal of my families fishing gear and MDing gear was stolen. It took a while but the local police did shut down a good size network and recovered a great deal of items from many victims.

So as instructed I showed up to the main cop shop today to help identify the MD's and related gear I reported stolen. It took hours but it is said and done. I called my son and let him know his stuff has been recovered. He seemed very happy. My family will be coming down here this weekend for a few days; I am sure my son and wife are going to test everything down to the last setting.

I have never worked this field in Law Enforcement before, so the process was a little shocking to me. My agency works very close with Italy agencies but not on matter of theft. The only reason I got all my stuff back so fast today was because of our relationship and because I could prove hands down in several ways that I owned these items. I had expected it to be as easy as getting back my yaks or fishing gear. Not at all; now that they have such a massive case being built it got serious very fast.

I had to ask will the other victims get their stuff back this swiftly; I was told no, that they will not even be informed until they are done with this case.

Then I asked about the MD finds my family and I turn in. We turn in everything here to the police, if it is claimed then so be it and if not then we get it back and legal documents to go with it. They said that Lost & Found works much easier because the person just needs to prove they own what they have lost. But with a case like this when they are looking at handing out 18 year in jail time they want to have the most water tight case they can.

Well thats all folks, just wanted to say thank you all for keeping an eye out.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the update OJ. Glad to hear everything turned out well.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you got your items back.... Good for you and family!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm so glad to hear that you got your stuff back! :icon_thumleft:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good news !!!!!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So good to hear OddJob! Now your family can make up for the ruined Mothers Day. Happy for your boy.

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news. Now you & your family can get back to doing what you like to do.HH & LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread