Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allowed, or not . if she is beautiful enough.
I think I can find me some Rope :laughing7:

See the movie "Black Snake Moan" ?

That movie was based upon a guy (white) living on a remote road in Middle TN. high upon a ridge... just saying. He still saves beautiful young ladies to this day.... :laughing7: (I'm booked up for awhile)

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to find out who she was, locate her relatives graves and bury her next to them. If you don't, she'll never rest. You have been warned!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I say we as a Civilized Society have an inherent Moral Duty to have her PROPERLY reburied with her kin. It is the humane thing to do and has been since the beginning of time as we know it. Unless you want to answer to God on YOUR Judgement Day. Think about it. PEACE:RONB

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The population in San Francisco in 1830 was 350 and in 1860 it was 56,802. How difficult would it be to go through the census records and find that child? Not too difficult in this day and age, I would imagine...

San Francisco History - Population

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I believe that she MUST be buried with her kin. WE owe her that in the Name of God as Humans and all that makes us a Civilized Society. I believe that the City Archaeologists and Historians MUST uphold this Duty to her before God and Man. I believe this is a perfect opportunity for them to truly display their given Knowledge Prowess. That they should use this as, for lack of a better term, a Media blitz. I think the ENTIRE State of California and the Nation as well would CELEBRATE her proper Burial & Ceremony she so richly deserves.
I also think that We here have an OBLIGATION given our own connection to History to start a Write In to the San Fransisco Mayors & Governors Offices to make sure this Ceremony and Burial are in fact carried out. Heck, she could be given a Place of Honor there.
Can We here imagine how good We here would feel knowing We here had a hand in making these Events actually happen ?? Think about it Folks.
What say ye ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

The heck with it, I'm STARTING this Write In myself for starters tonight ok. May God Bless Us & Ours All. :icon_salut: :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
WE owe her that in the Name of God as Humans and all that makes us a Civilized Society. I believe that the City Archaeologists and Historians MUST uphold this Duty to her before God and Man.:

You DO REALIZE we're talking about San Francisco, right? ....As in California??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there are no records the most they can do
is find someone alive today with similar DNA and pretend
it's one of their relatives in order to satisfy the whiners anyway.
back at that time the child mortality rate was so high,
I'm surprised they didn't find a whole litter.

apparently the home wasn't there.
The unidentified girl, who appeared to be about 3, is believed to be one of about 30,000 people who were buried at the old Odd Fellows Cemetery in San Francisco. The bodies were moved to a common burial plot in Colma.
so tracing the homes occupants wont help

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff; Then she at the very least should be Buried along with those she was buried with before. That is the LEAST that We should do. We NEED to make this right. QUESTION: How the heck did they miss her grave in the first place ?? Someone screwed up BIG TIME. This situation is no joke for sure. Why is it that a guy from Boston, the other side of the Nation even care about this matter ?? Answer: Because it goes straight to the Core of all that makes us Human. If I were not to care about her then I would in effect subjicate myself to being of a State of Being relegated to a status of being less than Human or Civilized. As so the same is true of each of us. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :coffee2:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Barker, I think we all agree on that. What Jeff is saying is, how do we go about finding out what family she belongs to? Obviously there are records somewhere. ...The ones we should be screaming at is the city of San Francisco. They will have the best access to any records. And if said racords are no longer available....... LYNCH THEM!!:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I don't mean to disparage Jeff at all. I know his heart is good. Yup, They have to do something to make this right. I have written a strong Letter to the San Fran Mayor and I'll be doing some more writing to the Governors Office as well as ANY other Authorities involved. They flat out blew this one BADLY. I'm not going to let it rest until she is Resting in her new grave. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you mind posting the addresses/emails/phone numbers that you found? Might help others to follow your example.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff; Then she at the very least should be Buried along with those she was buried with before. That is the LEAST that We should do. We NEED to make this right. QUESTION: How the heck did they miss her grave in the first place ?? Someone screwed up BIG TIME. This situation is no joke for sure. Why is it that a guy from Boston, the other side of the Nation even care about this matter ?? Answer: Because it goes straight to the Core of all that makes us Human. If I were not to care about her then I would in effect subjicate myself to being of a State of Being relegated to a status of being less than Human or Civilized. As so the same is true of each of us. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :coffee2:

I had the Pleasure with working on a abandoned Cemetery from the 1800's many years ago.
Because it was a Catholic Cemetery, I'm sorry to say,
they were very discriminatory to Non baptized children in the 1800's.
yes There were many Children's graves that were placed outside the cemetery,
simply because the Church would not Tolerate them for dying at such young age :(
although by the Casket the Parents were either very wealthy, or it was the Casket makers Daughter. Someone Loved her Very Much to Bury her in that !
If she died before being baptized , she may have been considered a waste of time back then too. though by age 3 she should have been.

Yes it is very Heartbreaking & The city or the Church should be responsible for a proper burial.
But it would probably take a Media wide Shaming to get it done by them.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; I don't mean to disparage Jeff at all. I know his heart is good.

Well, don't know that I'd go that far! ROFL - Copy.gif

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the Pleasure with working on a abandoned Cemetery from the 1800's many years ago.
Because it was a Catholic Cemetery, I'm sorry to say,
they were very discriminatory to Non baptized children in the 1800's.
yes There were many Children's graves that were placed outside the cemetery,
simply because the Church would not Tolerate them for dying at such young age
:(
although by the Casket the Parents were either very wealthy, or it was the Casket makers Daughter. Someone Loved her Very Much to Bury her in that !
If she died before being baptized , she may have been considered a waste of time back then too. though by age 3 she should have been.

Yes it is very Heartbreaking & The city or the Church should be responsible for a proper burial.
But it would probably take a Media wide Shaming to get it done by them.

...Don't think I'd have the patience or demeanor to handle that very well.

As for the Catholic's definition of 'baptize'...eh, just better not say anything.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Don't think I'd have the patience or demeanor to handle that very well.

As for the Catholic's definition of 'baptize'...eh, just better not say anything.

Yes I Don't want the Thread to turn to Religion & need to be locked.
Was just stating a Fact as I know it, Not a personal opinion.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel sad for this decease girl, and I hope that she receive a proper funeral, with a priest and many people and flowers. She is with the Lord, when she died.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; kcm, The Contact Info for the Mayor and the Governor are easy. Just type in The San Fransisco Mayors Office and it will come right up. Same with the Governors Office ok. They even provide a Full Page on which you can email them Directly along with the physical Address and Phone Numbers ok.
Jeff, Sadly I think it may actually come to doing a Public Shaming in order for her to get a proper Burial. The Church does have the Records that state whether she was Baptized as well. Just go to the ArchDiocese of San Fransisco Office and they will get the ball rolling. I will not go into Catholic Canon Laws regarding proper Baptisms although the Canon Laws have changed since then to be more inclusive ok. Amen.
Here are the Links :

Mayors Office : Office of the Mayor : Home Just click on the Contact the Mayor button on the left side.

Governors Office : https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php Just follow the Page Links.

ArchDioese of San Fransisco : ArchBishop Cordileone Office : Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone Homilies

I hope these Links help you guys. I think it is time for a serious write in campaign. This girl deserves it. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread