Does Anyone Get Ridiculed While Detecting?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I overlook rude comments from the kids and teenagers...when a jerk says something to look cool in front of some girls or friends, I come back with something that leaves him with a blank stare on his face and his friends laughing at him.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting on a beach in Cancun a few years ago I was confronted by two 20 something guys smoking cigarettes and determined to get a few laughs at my expense. They mockingly asked if I had found anything and I showed them my handful of Pesos and American pennies (oddly, US pennies are the most common target on Cancun beaches :dontknow: ). They laughed and asked, "How much did you pay for that thing?" I said, "About $600. And I enjoy it. I see you enjoy smoking. How much do you spend on cigarettes?" They just looked at each other kind of dumbfounded and walked away. No more ridicule...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tell them "I have found $15,000 worth of gold so far, how much gold have you found?"

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Next thing you know you'll have dark shadows following you around just waiting to pounce! :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next thing you know you'll have dark shadows following you around just waiting to pounce! :tongue3:
Someone would be surprised since I have my concealed carry license and I carry my .45 99% of the time.[emoji379] [emoji15]

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on now, TH. You mean to tell me that there is NEVER a time when a young, fast-moving group of thugs couldn't get the drop on you?? You never get immersed in MDing - sorta losing yourself to the search?

You do good work here - would hate to lose you! ...Heck, there's even a couple of folks that may actually like you, too. :laughing9:

Am ribbing you TH - PLEASE don't take that seriously. If I ever have the chance to meet you, will be more than happy to give you a big, fat, sloppy, wet....handshake! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hand sanitizer anyone? :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread