Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a pot hole in the road in front of my house. I notify the city about the pot hole. About month later the law comes out ask where the pot is. I said what pot, we were told there is pot in front of your house. No not pot, a pot hole. He takes a look at it and say well I don't know if that is a pot hole or not. I will have to contact city maintance. As we were talking he noticed I had a Metal Detector. He ask did you dig this hole in the road? You know it is illegal to dig in city limits. Looks like some one dug the hole and did not fill it back up. That is why we don't allow metal detecting.

So not a true story, but there is a pot hole in the road and has been surrounded by traffic cones for a couple of months. While I was looking at it again today I just thought of this story.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The town next door had a guy that jury rigged a large machine to make bio diesel.
A neighbor called the police thinking it was a machine for making meth. The cop actually said "I guess it might be".
Hard to imagine that cop interpreting law.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interpretation of law is crazy at times.
I had the pd pull up and tell me digging and removing anything on city owned property was not permitted ( but i could detect all i wanted!) as i stood there and watched people digging up clams, and a little boy and his dog digging holes looking for shells on the beach....and i was "filling my holes"
:what::what::what::what:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to be writing books or at least short stories. You missed your calling. Still not too late to be a comedian. Funny story...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with austin, but pot holes are not funny to those who ran into them and cost expenses repair. We got a lot of them in the East. Too bad the towns and cities could fill them up with pull taps.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sympathies on your pothole. I have been dealing for three weeks with a 10 x 3 section of road tear out for utility repairs that blocks half my driveway and requires me to drive on the lawn to get in an out. I was promised "priority repair", which means apparently sometime before it snows. And my neighbors are placing bets on how many times (a lot) I will forget and knock the barricades down before the repair is completed.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While we are thinking aloud, I have a story from the early '70's.
We were traveling I16 East going to Savannah, GA for a much needed vacation as I had just returned from Vietnam.
Traveling about 70 mph in the hammer lane and all of a sudden before me was a Guy (Presumed to be a Hippi totally out of his head.) sitting in the middle of that lane Giving me the piece sign.
I missed him by about 2 feet.
The original poster had a POT HOLE in his road and I had a POT HEAD in mine.
Marvin

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While we are thinking aloud, I have a story from the early '70's.
We were traveling I16 East going to Savannah, GA for a much needed vacation as I had just returned from Vietnam.
Traveling about 70 mph in the hammer lane and all of a sudden before me was a Guy (Presumed to be a Hippi totally out of his head.) sitting in the middle of that lane Giving me the piece sign.
I missed him by about 2 feet.
The original poster had a POT HOLE in his road and I had a POT HEAD in mine.
Marvin

If you haven't heard it yet....Welcome Home (Seabee '69 - '73)

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't heard it yet....Welcome Home (Seabee '69 - '73)

Thanks to the Seabees I was able to call my wife twice from there.
Land line to Seebee Ham radio station from LZ Bayonet
to some Ham station in Texas and from there land line to wife.
It was pretty cool that the wife and I had to use OVER so the operators could switch commo directions.
Thanks for your service also.
Marvin

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a pot hole in the road in front of my house. I notify the city about the pot hole. About month later the law comes out ask where the pot is. I said what pot, we were told there is pot in front of your house. No not pot, a pot hole. He takes a look at it and say well I don't know if that is a pot hole or not. I will have to contact city maintance. As we were talking he noticed I had a Metal Detector. He ask did you dig this hole in the road? You know it is illegal to dig in city limits. Looks like some one dug the hole and did not fill it back up. That is why we don't allow metal detecting.

So not a true story, but there is a pot hole in the road and has been surrounded by traffic cones for a couple of months. While I was looking at it again today I just thought of this story.

You guy's down in Okie must be growing and smoking some pretty wicked weed !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread