Special thank you

mjak

Feb 18, 2007
I want to thank everyone who has contributed to making this website so fantastic. I have been ill for months now and unable to work much less go metal detectoring. Comming here and reading these forums has been the best medicine for me. From the adventures of Kidrocks cave to seeing if anyone can stump PBK at the whatsit has kept me happy and laughing during a really bleak time. I love seeing all the pictures of peoples finds and reading about their adventures. I have learned about treasure signs and google sattelite and even thought I haven't been able to hunt I feel like I have found a treasure. Thank you everyone who helps to make this place so great.

mjak

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well get better already---till then enjoy and heal up ---you can use the time to bone up on your local history and do a bit of "bookworm" research about your local areas --that way when you get better you'll have lots of good spots to hit---Ivan

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I really hope your doing better mjak. Hope I was able to entertain you. I was always in trouble in school for being the class clown. I still am. Don't know any better. Hope you're out hunting soon. Bill

Attachments

• Hammer1c.gif
    Hammer1c.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 159

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
Hi mjak,well first off i wish you a speedy recovery,I have been dealing with Dr.s an hospitals off an on for 25 yrs an i know the healing time gets alot slower as i get older.Anyways i just posted a plea for help to get out there to do some detecting.I'm sure i can detect from a wheelchair it just might be a little slower going than usual. I too want to thank every one including you,as i have really enjoyed this site so much.I also wish to thank bobpa who initially turned me onto treasurenet,i have been fortunate enough to hunt with this man,an consider him a good friend an fellow hunter. Well that's it for now i guess,once again,i wish you good health and a speedy recovery! Paul.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Hey I have a big cat too! :) Mine is 17 years old and weights 16 pounds...I weighed him!!!

OP
OP
mjak

mjak

Feb 18, 2007
Thanks everyone. I really meant what I said about this site. I honestly believe it has done more for me the last few months then any other medication or treatment I have had.
I can totally understand the determination to detect from a wheelchair. I tried going out a few weeks ago and was so weak I had to lay down a few times and dig. It was so worth it just to feel the high of the hunt. It was worth needing to sleep for several hours after.
I can't wait to get back out there and start digging up treasures again.
My cat is really not that big. She is about 9 pounds. She just likes to lay on the couch like that every night and let it all hang out, lol. She really looks to me like she wants a beer, lol.

mjak

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
heck make a wheel chair "MD Holder"---lots of new wheel chairs are composite type stuff make a "metal detector holder" attachment that will hold it a few inches off the ground and use a no motion type detector as you move along with the chair "beep--beep"---the digging part will be the hard part but a long handled rugged type scoop should work as long as the item is small in size---Ivan

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I'll bet m.ding is just what the doctor ordered, make it easy to work a grid, you wont miss much, Keep those spirits up.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I wanted to jump back in for two reasons...First to say glad you enjoy the posts and second to say you should be an inspriration for all of us with your effort!

And the second reason..to show you some pictures of Bugsy...the 16 pound cat!

Attachments

• Bugsy goes to sleep.jpg
    Bugsy goes to sleep.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Bugsy poses!.jpg
    Bugsy poses!.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 156

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
And Bugsy likes to eat! He eats everything we eat including pizza. Its not good for him>??? ??? He is on year 17 now!

Attachments

• Bugsy eats breakfas!.jpg
    Bugsy eats breakfas!.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 148

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread