Jimmy TDI Folded Mono Coil Don't seem right to me.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought this coil on Ebay .The coil cord comes out the right side were the other jimmy coils it's on the left. The length is a half inch longer than the jimmy sierra coils.
My Whites TDI should be here tomorrow so i can see if it works.
My biggest grip right now is the coil cover sticks up past the side of the coil 3/8 " and the one posted on ebay looks like 2 tabs holding the coil on and the tabs are even on mine. It seems the the rest of the coil should have been cut down 3/8 " to be even with the coil. As it is dirt will fill that gap and i will be swing with dirt on the top. I had to take 2 screw driver to push in next to the tabs to get the coil cover off and that took me awhile. DSCF2137.JPG DSCF2138.JPG DSCF2139.JPG DSCF2140.JPG DSCF2131.JPG DSCF2134.JPG DSCF2135.JPG DSCF2132.JPG The second to last picture you ca see how high the coil cover is compared to the coil.I think the coil cover should have been even with the white part of the coil. I sent the seller questions twice asking about the coil and waiting for the 2nd answer. He said every one else likes his coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread