SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say because I have never used your machine, and each is a little different. Learning what sounds your machine makes and way is really important though. Sometimes a chirp can be the sound a machine makes when it is discriminating something out, sometimes it means it has found something just about at its maximum depth. You can it investigate more by swinging your detector in different directions over the target. If the signal repeats then it is worth a dig. If not it is usually but not always trash. Most machines have a bit of a ongoing set of noises they make and after a while you will be able to distinguish the ones worth digging a little easier and the ones you can just ignore.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of my best finds were iffy chirps on a machine I knew VERY well. All the swinging technique and other signs does not substitute for digging the signal and removing all doubt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Boojababy,

I would say yes!

I recently been finding gold and silver rings that have an audio similar to what you have described. I usually try to hunt very difficult areas where people have given up due to high trash; this gives me basically a place to hunt with no competition. Since everyone avoids the parks I can develop hunting techniques and machine settings to solve the trash problem. With that said, I always go to these places with a plan of “attack”. Some of the days, I would hunt at each visit one of the following: only high-tones, mid-tones, low-tones and lastly the iffy ones and stick to the “game plan”. On the mid and low tones, trash is a real problem, but with target masking being a problem it’s the only way to find the hidden keepers.

Lastly slow way down and give the machine time to “think” about what is under the coil. Move around the target in a circular pattern and “see” if the signal clears up or is directional. Many times good targets hit in only one position/direction due to many factors. Take your time and “work” the signal out of the ground. The key is really learning your machine, time in the field and having a game plan for the day.

GL & HH

Doc

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Ever dig a rusty nail along with a silver coin in the same hole?

If in doubt, dig it out.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My mantra is repeating signals from every direction. I do dig a whole lot of trash.

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mantra is repeating signals from every direction. I do dig a whole lot of trash.

I go over the signal side, side, up, down, one way it sounds good the other ways its choppy or not there at all....it's confusing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rep target will be very faint chirps

DT2016

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anything repeatable that's not iron = dig in my book. Of course there are exceptions but that is the general idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread