More value?

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,
So I did roll hunting today, and I found two interesting pennies. Are they worth more than face value?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468902520.988331.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468902551.059107.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468902566.962009.jpg

Thank you.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
They're quite common. In other words, no extra value. I started error hunting recently and have found that very thing in every denomination of coin, including the presidential dollars. It "might" be worth a little something more if the effect is on both sides, but not on one - unless part of the printing/image is off the coin.

Have found lots of interesting finds from my first box of cents. Don't yet know if any are worth anything, but they ARE interesting.

OP
OP
J

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're quite common. In other words, no extra value. I started error hunting recently and have found that very thing in every denomination of coin, including the presidential dollars. It "might" be worth a little something more if the effect is on both sides, but not on one - unless part of the printing/image is off the coin.

Have found lots of interesting finds from my first box of cents. Don't yet know if any are worth anything, but they ARE interesting.

Yes. Coin hunting is a really good habit for me to relax and find something cool and interesting. Always happy when I find something interesting even it is no really worth more. And thank you for your information. Good luck on your hunting. :)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Good luck" he says. HA! I went to bed early last night cause I wanted to get an early start today. Did I sleep? Noooooooo! I was too anxious. Anxious? For what? Because a new Made In China magnifying glass (without 'glass' content) is coming today!! .....I'm excited about that?!?!? WHY??

I bought a $200 piece-of-junk digital microscope that was all but worthless. Great idea, but very poorly built. So ordered a cheap (less than $30) USB microscope. It works great! Takes awesome pics, easy to use, very sharp picture....but it's all digital, which leaves something to be desired now and then. So am hoping very much that this magnifying glass will be the answer. It got straight 5 stars on Amazon with about 56 reviews. Has one handle with different strengths of lenses - 2x, 5x (I think), and 16x. Will hopefully work well even for taking pics. I want to get some pics, but cannot do so with that "digital effect", as the results are just not there. .....Oh, had bought another magnifying glass (all plastic) that has a 5.5" lens (2x), and in the edge of that lens is a smaller 4x lens - then in the handle is a 10x lens. The very small magnified lenses are too small to work well for me, and the main lens is a dust magnet!! I have cleaned the lens only a few times so far, and ONLY using the cleaning cloth that I use on my poly-lens eyeglasses(!!), and yet the lens is showing minute scratches. Must be an incredibly soft plastic!!

So, here I am this morning, all giddy like a kid on Christmas day, waiting for UPS to bring my new 'toy'. ....Well, the new hobby is keeping me out of trouble, anyhow. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread