Bjones1997

Greenie
Jul 21, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not too long ago I was digging through my change and found what appears to be a misstricken penny. Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts and if it was worth being looked at. I believe its 1990. There is a gouge over the other 9 (or 7, which makes it copper). Leave a thought down below if you would :) Thank you!

Attachments

• Misstrike Penny.jpg
    Misstrike Penny.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 160
  • Misstrike Penny Zoom.jpg
    Misstrike Penny Zoom.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 120

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If that cent wasn't so beat up, I'd swear someone intentionally tried to remove the 1. ...Looks like damage to me. With all the other damage on the coin and a gash being right where the 1 should be, I think it's just a beat-up oddity.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1982 is when they began using zinc pennies instead of copper so definitely not 1990.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1982 is when they began using zinc pennies instead of copper so definitely not 1990.If the reverse of the coin has wheat on it,It would be 1959 and earlier.so depending on the back we can eliminate some year's.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just a beat up coin, not an error. Looks like it had a rough life!

OP
OP
B

Bjones1997

Greenie
Jul 21, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It does sorta look like that doesn't it? It's definitely been through the ringer! Thanks for taking a look!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread