Garrett at pro coil problems

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my new garrett at pro last month and it was working fine up until last week. For some reason it won't ground balance when I pump it up and down what we have to do is turn it off and unplug it and plug it back in then it works fine only for a little while if we lay it down it dose the same thing and it won't get any target signals at all. I am hoping it's just the coil is screwed up. I just ordered a smaller better coil of eBay. And it should be here soon. I am praying it's just the coil and not the dector it self. I am going to the beach at the end of next month for a few days and I hope I don't have any problems

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody else had any problems?

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could give some advise other than to contact Garrett as soon as you can. Also keep us updated on this matter.

mr

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am gonna try to make a veido and post it on here

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't post a viedo here

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you have a coil cover on....remove it and clean it.try with new batteries...turn machine on,wait 30 seconds then hold power off button down at least 5 seconds(till it beeps)this is a factory reset....then call garrett if there is still trouble.

if you are getting the 5x8 coil you are gonna love it.

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got done fiddling around with it and now it seems like it's be haveing it selfs �� the last few times at the park it wouldn't let me ground balance at all when I pump it up and down unless if I unscrewed the plug from the control box then it worked for a while and I had to repeat the process but know it's working i just held the on button when it was on and the ground balance reset back to 80 and when I pump it its working g ��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread