Maybe Some of You Can Help a Noobie Out

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had good luck using craigslist, of course I do not mind driving a couple hours for a great deal. I bought 4 and bartered for one detector on craigslist in the past 2.5 years.
You can get great deals, When you go to see one or buy one, you can pick it up, turn it on, try it out, and even get a crash course on how to use it and it's features when you buy new from a local dealer, or from a many sellers on craigslist. I have also heard of some good deals found at yard sales, garages sales, estate sales and auctions. My 1st detector was an El Cheapo TC-1023 bought new from an online auction 7 years ago. It sat idle for 4 years and when I finally got serious and learned how to set it up and use it, I was hooked on metal detecting. Just saying that even some inexpensive detectors will do the job. It paid for itself in about 60 days. I have hunted some virgin sites (with higher end machines) and most of the old coins were between 5" and 7" deep. The TC-1023 could have found many, if not all of them.

If you are lucky and dedicated to the hobby your detector may pay for itself in a few months and can also cover the cost of batteries and other necessities.

The best treasure will be you spending time with the 3 year old and sharing in a great hobby.

Best of Luck

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Like this one website I tried had this financing called Affirm and it came out to like $60 every two weeks to auto debit from my account. I could've afforded that, but they use your credit score to make their decision and I was declined. Anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's $120 per month. Just save that money for a couple months and you won't have to worry about credit. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply - was in town all day. Passed out exhausted when we got home. ...But then I didn't get any sleep last night, either. Between skeeters buzzing my head and having several other things on my mind, I just couldn't sleep.

OP
OP
F

Frankie2Tymez

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2016
Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that got a detector at a pawn shop, you don't have to have a new one

Yeah I'm not saying it has to be new either I just need someone who will work with me and finance it to me without going through all the credit running crap because when I was younger I messed my credit up.

OP
OP
F

Frankie2Tymez

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2016
Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Frank! My suggestion is to get the most you can together, and make a down payment on a $160.00 Tesoro Compadre equipped with an 8" Coil. There are SEVERAL Sponsors here on T-net that are TRUSTED and will work with you. God bless and Good Luck!

Supporting Vendors

If you could point me in the right direction as to which vendor that would be greatly appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread