Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it has finally happened. I am on my third season of detecting. I started with a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2, Not long after a Fisher F2, then a Fisher F5. Then made it to Minelab with an Xterra 705 Gold. I have had a lot of fun and good finds with all these detectors, but all the while I have been lusting for an Etrac since day one. The day has finally come! It will be used, but it looks great and I got a great deal from Gerry's Detectors in Boise Idaho. Nice Guy! I won't have the machine till next week. This is gonna kill me with this short wait. Like a kid waiting for Christmas. I know it has a steep learning curve, but maybe having had an Xterra will make it easier to transition.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its now next week and i hope you are enjoying your new toy!
Go find that treasure!

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my new toy! I haven't found any silver. But I am vacuuming up the clad. A lot of it 6 to 8 inches deep. Stuff the other guys couldn't reach. Found a half dollar at 8" today. Not silver.
I search local parks so am not expecting much old coinage, but maybe some silver jewelry. There are so many ways to run this machine. I can see it will take some time to master, but I learn something new each time I use it. I am glad I have studied Dirtfishing's videos on YouTube for the past couple years. The guy is amazing on the E-trac.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I have heard the Deus is much lighter and good in trash. The etrac is better in less trashy areas and goes deeper, plus less falsing on iron. The recoverey speed on the Deus is very fast as opposed to the etrac which you have to swing slower. I have lusted for an Etrac for 3 years. So when the deal finally came around that I could afford, I jumped on it. It is heavier than I thought it would be, but I made a sling and I can swing it all day. Here is a pic with me and my new detecting buddy.

IMG_0120.JPG

Last edited:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hunt parks alot try Bills trashy park program . I love it in parks . I just open the 12 line up a little further back to grab the bigger gold type signals

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I have heard the Deus is much lighter and good in trash. The etrac is better in less trashy areas and goes deeper, plus less falsing on iron. The recoverey speed on the Deus is very fast as opposed to the etrac which you have to swing slower. I have lusted for an Etrac for 3 years. So when the deal finally came around that I could afford, I jumped on it. It is heavier than I thought it would be, but I made a sling and I can swing it all day. Here is a pic with me and my new detecting buddy.

View attachment 1350691

Looks like man's best friend. Congrats!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you hunt parks alot try Bills trashy park program . I love it in parks . I just open the 12 line up a little further back to grab the bigger gold type signals
46 wheat, I already had Bill's pattern and Minelab exchange software on my computer before my machine arrived. I will have to try your tip as Bills pattern seems a little tight for gold. Like I said I have watched all of Bill's videos, (the Etrac's several times) anticipating the day I would own one. Now watching them again and using his tips for my hunts. Still haven't built up the courage to dig the 10" iffy signals yet.

Last edited:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
46 wheat, I already had Bill's pattern and Minelab exchange software on my computer before my machine arrived. I will have to try your tip as Bills pattern seems a little tight for gold. Like I said I have watched all of Bill's videos, (the Etrac's several times) anticipating the day I would own one. Now watching them again and using his tips for my hunts. Still haven't built up the courage to dig the 10" iffy signals yet.

I open it up to 12-24 to at least eliminate all the old style ring tabs . Which we seem to have alot of here and always ring up a 12-21.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread