How well does the M6 hold up these days?

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barring any unforseen circumstances or last-minute convincing by forum members, I'll be buying a secondhand M6 off of Ebay, probably.
After a lot of research, I've decided I can do well by buying it.

It's in my price range, has a reputation for being a fairly deep machine, and also a killer on coins and jewelry, which is what I go after. I also love the multi tone mode, and don't really get worried about some opinions of the id's being inaccurate, because I plan on hunting mainly by sound.

So, opinions, please. Thanks for your time!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine. Had it for just about 5 years now. Its easier for me to operate i like the knobs, i'm e-challenged.

I use the tone ID alot because the parks and areas i hunt in have had trash furnace debris dumped in them years back, so it gets a little noisey, but i know when theres a good target, because of the tone ID, then i check the screen to further narrow down the I D.

And when you find jewlery that looks good but maybe unmarked, the detector is the first heads up as to if it is or not. Looks silver but rang up as cent, its probably silver plate over copper.

I found a 14 K, inch & a half long pendant at the beach, close to a foot deep. It rang up as a penny because its a gold copper mix.
A white gold ring read dime/foil.
M6 loves silver and copper.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread