Relese new machines in the fall

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Here is the issue that I am seeing. These companies push everything out in the spring which, in my opinion, hurts sales for a number of reasons, one the biggest ones being that money is tight. People are still paying off holiday bills and getting ready for Spring time home improvements

Another big reason is, every company that releases a machine in the spring, will have every single customer be a guinea pig for product testing and if there are issues(ex. the f75 upgrade debacle, MX SPORT recall(im calling it that)), you will be missing out during the most critical part of the season to get your new unit repaired. NOBODY wants to be stuck with a dud.

The right time to release products is in the fall, AFTER most the season is over and the holidays are coming. My biggest point of contention here is, that if they offered in the fall, they can work out the issues BEFORE the critical start of the spring season.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I agree. That happened with the Whites MXT. Then they upgraded to the MXT Pro. Then they finally got it right with the DFX. I have one and "LOVE" it. I've used just about every Whites detector ever made from 1970 to present. I love whites but I greet their new releases with a grain of salt. I think the same is true of the others. Then again as Abe Lincoln once said, "Time alone will show the true man." I believe the same is true but you can't fault a Company for trying to improve it's products. Let's see what happens ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread