Are We Noticing A Pattern Here????

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Again, it's people like this that ruin the hobby. To post coins bought and try to make it as, they were found is a disservice to the hobby. What will you prove? That you are better than all the rest because you found 17 gold coins(just an example)? It proves nothing. What it does, is it creates a false sense of reality, it also makes it appear that its a get rich quick scheme.

I have always been a person that airs on the side of caution when posting things. I used to post a lot of help articles, until, I had someone argue with me about methods, then I was like, "it's not worth it".

Just like with real life, in the digital life, we have a responsibility to treat the hobby with respect. To be a person that represents the hobby as an example of how to be. I love the new people that join on any forum, and have been fooled into thinking, they are going to make a fortune metal detecting. It's almost like, "if I buy a race car, I gonna win the Daytona".

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I miss something? I never heard of the person you guys are talking about. It must have been before I was here. I can't believe that someone would try to buy their way to Banner. What would he get out of spending piles of money just to get Banner? That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard someone did on this site.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think fakers say ANYTHING about the hobby of metal detecting, or the legitimate finds made in the field. My opinion is there are fakers in every pursuit. I don't take anything away from actual combat veterans because some azzhat steals valor. I don't think anything less of the achievements of people that have climbed Everest or K2 because some nutjob says she has.

It is psycho. Period. I'm completely nuts, so I am qualified to make this statement. :skullflag:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up finding 5 of the coins on ebay. Only stopped looking for others when I saw he was in fact banned. That post was so over the top ridiculous I couldnt think straight. Surprised I didnt get banned the way i laid his arse out on his own thread. They removed the really bad posts I wrote. Thats a lesson you all ought to pay attention to. Dont be hot headed like me and expose a person on their own thread. Ive never been able to keep from saying what I felt and sooner or later I might get banned for it. Anyway, as I was saying...I ended up finding the ebay auctions for the 1722, 1737, 1627, 1761 and 1759 coins.

I got the wild bill avatar for a day or 2 more. Couldnt resist. lol

SWEET Avatar picture :laughing7: Once again, thank you for taking the time to do that man. As I told you, I tried to find a couple of those coins, but I just don't have the eye you have for noticing those minor details. I realize there are rules for exposing fake finds which entail private messaging a moderator, rather than calling them out... but you have an awesome track record for exposing these liars and I would hope that moderators would bend rules in those circumstances... After all, you're not accusing them based on hot headed circumstantial evidence, instead you show up with the smoking gun served on a silver platter! :laughing7: Before they get banned from tnet, I think these liars should have a minute to see a post calling them out so they can shake in their shoes before getting kicked off the forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up finding 5 of the coins on ebay. Only stopped looking for others when I saw he was in fact banned. That post was so over the top ridiculous I couldnt think straight. Surprised I didnt get banned the way i laid his arse out on his own thread. They removed the really bad posts I wrote. Thats a lesson you all ought to pay attention to. Dont be hot headed like me and expose a person on their own thread. Ive never been able to keep from saying what I felt and sooner or later I might get banned for it. Anyway, as I was saying...I ended up finding the ebay auctions for the 1722, 1737, 1627, 1761 and 1759 coins.

I got the wild bill avatar for a day or 2 more. Couldnt resist. lol

We appreciate the reports and the links. I was already investigating the thread when you posted as I suspected something was off. We can't have members attacking other members though just because they suspect a find has been fake, we would have dozens of threads of members attacking other members. Any one who suspects a fake find has been posted needs to contact the mods with their concerns via pm, please don't break our rules and express it in the open forums.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought we wasn't allowed to call someone out on this forum, I have seen a few fakes for sure like nickels that look mint and stated they were dug. My nickels always look like crud, most worst than coppers. HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we bend the rules for one we have to bend them for all. GWdigger got a pm from me when I discovered the attackt asking to please not attack the member in the open forum. He apologized and I advised him we appreciate the report and links but please do so via pm per our rules...I was already researching the finds myself...

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If we bend the rules for one we have to bend them for all. GWdigger got a pm from me when I discovered the attackt asking to please not attack the member in the open forum. He apologized and I advised him we appreciate the report and links but please do so via pm per our rules...I was already researching the finds myself...

I wasnt saying bend the rules to allow accusations based off a feeling or circumstantial evidence. I realize if that was allowed, this forum would fall apart. I was just saying if the (smoking gun) exact coin, that someone is claiming they dug, is found in an online sale, then those people deserve to be called out before they are banned. Facts are facts, so if its 100% the same coin then its not an accusation of lying. The fake posters should have a few "oh crap" minutes to realize they have been busted before they are just kicked off. Most of us put a lot of hard work, time and energy into this hobby and we are passionate about it. Its a slap in the face when someone posts their bought coin collection and claim they dug it. That said, I know the rules and that's not allowed... I am just saying these people deserve to be called out.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was the 1st time I ever contacted the mods in a situation like this. Wasnt sure how to do it b4. But now that I know how there is no need to break rules. Wont happen again. Its wrong and I fess up here. DON'T DO IT.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got banned from a forum I've been on for years.... was at 12,000 posts. For the fist time ever I called out a fake, because it was so incredibly obvious! New user, only posted two finds, one was a jewelry spill with many different items, and the other 4 non dug coppers with a foolish story of how what he first described as a slimy remains of a leather pouch, but in a later post said it was dry on the inside and must have protected the coins. (How stupid can some people be to believe this crap) The coins were brown and shiny, just as fresh as any you could buy on ebay right now... not even so much of a stain on them. So what does the group of idiots who run the forum do, they throw all common sense out the window and ban me for exposing a clear fraud. Oh, and they waited two days after the fact and never said a word, just banned me... 12,000 posts. I guess that's what I get for contributing to a Canadian forum. Lesson learned! And it really is communist through an through because when I went back about four years ago they gave me all these rep points for nothing, thinking it would be something that would make me stick around. lol (when other people had to earn them)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasnt saying bend the rules to allow accusations based off a feeling or circumstantial evidence. I realize if that was allowed, this forum would fall apart. I was just saying if the (smoking gun) exact coin, that someone is claiming they dug, is found in an online sale, then those people deserve to be called out before they are banned. Facts are facts, so if its 100% the same coin then its not an accusation of lying. The fake posters should have a few "oh crap" minutes to realize they have been busted before they are just kicked off. Most of us put a lot of hard work, time and energy into this hobby and we are passionate about it. Its a slap in the face when someone posts their bought coin collection and claim they dug it. That said, I know the rules and that's not allowed... I am just saying these people deserve to be called out.

I realize there are rules for exposing fake finds which entail private messaging a moderator, rather than calling them out... but you have an awesome track record for exposing these liars and I would hope that moderators would bend rules in those circumstances... After all, you're not accusing them based on hot headed circumstantial evidence, instead you show up with the smoking gun served on a silver platter! :laughing7: Before they get banned from tnet, I think these liars should have a minute to see a post calling them out so they can shake in their shoes before getting kicked off the forum.

As stated we do not bend the rules, proper method is still to contact the mods via pm with the evidence if possible, not attack members finds in the open forum, it wouldn't matter what the member's track record was...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He bought a bunch of eBay coins and claimed he and his son dug them. 3rd time in the past year that it's happened....at least that I've seen

Thanks... I got a couple of PM's informing me but not before I found the thread. Thanks all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the 1st time I ever contacted the mods in a situation like this. Wasnt sure how to do it b4. But now that I know how there is no need to break rules. Wont happen again. Its wrong and I fess up here. DON'T DO IT.

You apologized about breaking the rules, you didn't argue when I PMed you asking you to not attack the member, as far as mods are concerned you have been very courteous.....

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you guys went full CSI on that one, lol. Don't understand why some people would want to lesser and cheat themselves that way. Kind of equivalent to cheating at a friendly game of cards or checkers with nothing even on the line. Makes no sense?

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck, I have seen so many good finds, I am ashamed to post my sad finds. It seems there are not many posts as there used to be. Maybe a lot of us feel that way. But, if I find and Indian head penny I consider that a good hunt.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck, I have seen so many good finds, I am ashamed to post my sad finds. It seems there are not many posts as there used to be. Maybe a lot of us feel that way. But, if I find and Indian head penny I consider that a good hunt.
I post it all, good hunt or bad hunt, makes no difference to me. I just enjoy posting and I think more people should post there average finds. Keeps it real.

HH RN

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Most people need validation of some sort. Some folks stoop to truly pathetic levels in order to get it.

It happens more often than you probably think, here and elsewhere. It's not just limited to the metal detecting areas of this particular forum either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
A lie will travel halfway around the world before the truth has even put its boots on. Seen that written in chalk in a subway token both years ago.

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got banned from a forum I've been on for years.... was at 12,000 posts. For the fist time ever I called out a fake, because it was so incredibly obvious! New user, only posted two finds, one was a jewelry spill with many different items, and the other 4 non dug coppers with a foolish story of how what he first described as a slimy remains of a leather pouch, but in a later post said it was dry on the inside and must have protected the coins. (How stupid can some people be to believe this crap) The coins were brown and shiny, just as fresh as any you could buy on ebay right now... not even so much of a stain on them. So what does the group of idiots who run the forum do, they throw all common sense out the window and ban me for exposing a clear fraud. Oh, and they waited two days after the fact and never said a word, just banned me... 12,000 posts. I guess that's what I get for contributing to a Canadian forum. Lesson learned! And it really is communist through an through because when I went back about four years ago they gave me all these rep points for nothing, thinking it would be something that would make me stick around. lol (when other people had to earn them)

Canada has internet now?...

Sent by carrier pigeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread