Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Why would you think there would be?

Herein lies the problem: In the wonderful age of internet and computers, people start reading. Invariably they read something about somewhere, somehow, someone got hassled. So the natural instinct is to think "aha, I wonder if there rules in MY area?" So they start asking around in areas that no one really ever cared or thought about it, UNTIL they started asking. I say .... just go (barring obvious historical monuments, posted, etc...). If someone has an issue, they're welcome to tell you.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
No problems MDing Ocean City. Just get out early, or late. You will not be the only one out there swinging. We used to go there on many weekends when I was single. Had just enough money for gas and beer and we would have to sleep on the beach then wash off at one of the hotels outside rinse off showers. Sorry, just started bringing back memories. Anyway I lost a Zippo lighter at about 10th street in 1974. It has WJP engraved on it. If you find it please let me know! LOL
Have a great time!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
The only problem I've experienced on a public beach was when the beach patrol stopped one of the guys detecting and told him to fill his holes. He was digging with a big sand scoop and not putting any of the sand back. Sort of a hazard for runners and walkers at the beach. Other than that, they just go right by you.

As far as the beaches being in use at the time. I've said this before but it's worth repeating. Guys, for some reason, seem always to get a deep diggable signal by the young girls in bikinis. And, again for some reason, it takes quite a bit of time to find the darn target once you dig that 4 foot hole. Just an observation. ;D

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have never hunted at Ocean City, only at Rehoboth Beach and other Beaches along Route 1. Never had a problem. I get out early in the morning and leave when the people start coming. I go back at evening and stay till dark. Have had some good finds.

I the shipwreck musuem is definitely worth the trip. The museum is free and they accept donations. Great place. They are on top of Sea Shell City and if memory serves me correct, Sea Shell City is a Whites? dealer and has some scoops, diggers, books, etc. Just in case you forgot/break your scoop. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
Tubecity

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Thanks for the help everyone. I've hunted fresh water beaches in my area, but this is my first shot around the big pond. Anyhow, I'd rather be MD'ing than sitting there baking. Thanks again.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Tubecity said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I've hunted fresh water beaches in my area, but this is my first shot around the big pond. Anyhow, I'd rather be MD'ing than sitting there baking. Thanks again.

Not just any detector will work in salty conditions, wet sand and or black sand. Most detectors will work on dry sand but that's normally too deep to find any substantial amount of finds.

What kind of detector do you plan on using? rtde3 and or other might be able to tell you what detectors are the ticket in that area.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread