MXT Relic mode question

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Does anyone know if there is as much success using the relic mode vs. the coin mode on an MXT when coin hunting. I get a lot of flutter in the coin mode. I have read the book but want your field driven opinion. You folks are the experts. Just trying to learn my machine (which I love) as fast as I can. Thanks...AlumaDan..

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I have used the relic mode but don't like the grunt sounds, and have never noticed a difference. I use coin/jewelry for relic and coin. Here are some things I do to reduce chatter. Make sure you are ground balanced. If extremely noisy ground, try to lock after you get balanced. Turn down your gain, I have ran as low as 5 and 6. Turn your threshold up a little. This reduces some of the chatter, but will have a little louder hum. Adjust dual control up a little at a time, until it runs smooth. You have a great machine, and with a little practice and experimenting you will be finding some nice items. Good luck.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Flutter as in the VDI jumping around or flutter as in chatter?
You may have already heard this but just in case. Order the book, THE MXT EDGE. It will really speed up that learning curve.
Check out fielddepth.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread