Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning all...

If something weighs 31 lbs. and its size is 38" long x 20" wide x 22" tall how would an uninformed person (like myself) go about finding out shipping costs?

I'd like to find out from my address what the basic shipping costs are for every 50-100 miles outward till the continental USA is covered (excluding Hawaii & Alaska). I guess my only choices are Fedex, UPS and the USPS... right? Is there possibly more choices? And I'll use Centerville, TN. 37033 as ground zero.

This is one of the last things I need before I possibly move forward with my endeavor. Any help in how to find out this information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also ship through Greyhound or Trailways. The only downside is the person has to go pick it up, at their local station. I don't know if the train station would have a color chart graph thing for you or not though.

I hate shipping, LOL! Go over to Etsy and look for item similar to yours and see what they post for shipping. I have seen some charge $50 to $100 bucks. You can always refund any shipping overage charges, also, (I do that with Paypal, but not sure how to maneuver that with a merchant account or cc).
Maybe that'll give you or some others some more ideas. Good luck, too. Glad you got it coming together!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks... I know I can use their calculators for an individual shipping address but I was just looking for a color chart "type thing" each 100 miles outward from my address / zip if they do the pickup. And I'm having a hard time finding and estimation for all providers so I know... or can tell my customers what it might be quickly.

Listen Marvin.... I truly appreciate the links though buddy and THANK YOU! Maybe I'm overthinking this....?

Don't know any Marvins, just call me TH....[emoji106] ...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread