This would be a great place to detect

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, thanks for posting that. It is beautiful and eeriliy sad at the same time. I hate seeing history fall to ruin like that and yet I would love to take my detector there as I am sure there are some smoking coin/ring finds.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I'd love to hit up that area. Ya just KNOW there are many great finds to be had!
Thanks for posting this!
~Nash~

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
West Hurley, Ashton, Glenford, Brown's Station, Olive Bridge, Brodhead, Shokan, West Shokan, Boiceville, Beerston, Cannonsville, Rock Rift, Rock Royal, Granton, Neversink, Bittersweet, Arena, Pepacton, Shavertown, Union Grove, Eureka, Montela, Lackawack and Gilboa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only ghosts live in these places now, too. All in the most beautiful countryside you can imagine.

postcard.jpg

neversink.jpg

http://www.bearsystems.com/cannonsville/cannonsville.html

http://www.bearsystems.com/losttowns/lost.html

I am numb to such places as Elkmont. Those people left by choice. Not forced away from family farms and orchards. There are a couple dozen towns settled from the mid to late 1700's that are now on the bottom of New York City's water supply reservoirs. And the children of the former residents are fenced away from enjoying the huge lakes formed over the land. Some of the best trout fishing streams in the world is allowed to dry up when there is a "perceived" need to hold back natural flow for the huge pipelines. And the residents of the city don't even get metered for water use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread