Bought another Sov

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a deal recently for a working ML Sov XS-2a Pro, S shaft, working Detech Excellerator-S 5" coil, 8" BBS coil (broken wires at the connector) & 10" BBS coil (probably a broken wire). All for $200 shipped.

I'm curious if I did ok.

Also, what are the chances of getting the coils back to working order?
I'm thinking about sending them to Minelab or KellyCo Repair.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I made a deal recently for a working ML Sov XS-2a Pro, S shaft, working Detech Excellerator-S 5" coil, 8" BBS coil (broken wires at the connector) & 10" BBS coil (probably a broken wire). All for $200 shipped.

I'm curious if I did ok.

Also, what are the chances of getting the coils back to working order?
I'm thinking about sending them to Minelab or KellyCo Repair.

Yeah, you did more than ok! Heck, you would normally pay one and a half times that just for the Control Unit (Box). For repairs on the coils, KellyCo Repair should be more than apt to make the repairs but you might want to call them first. They will likely be much cheaper than sending the coils to Minelab for repairs but don't quote me on that!

Frank

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I called ML CS, they transferred me to KellyCo repairs. The 10" is probably shot unless I can find the break. They won't touch it. The 8" is broken at the connector, that they will look at. I have a friend who is good with fine soldering, I'll see if he can save them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread