Lost sand scoop on Jupiter Beach inlet

BlueDawn

Oct 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1045.PNG

Well needless to say I'm not happy. I'm posting this because I know there are a lot of treasure beach hunters on here. And a few that live in the condos right where it was taken from me. Like a few captains the ocean decided my fate this weekend.

I was not in the water before anyone gets on me for that. I was on the shore during rough surf talking to another detectorist. I had my shovel in the ground next to me when out of nowhere this huge wave came in and snatched it right out of the ground. Before I could even turn around it was gone. It traveled about 50 feet in seconds. It was down the beach and gone. The surf was too much for me to go after it and there was a really bad rip tide. I wasn't going to risk drowning.

If anyone finds this in the coming weeks or months please text or call me. 760-808-3844
I'll be happy to pay for shipping back to tampa. It is a 2 piece and comes apart in the middle. I paid about $165 for it and would love it back. I can't offer a lot for a reward but I'll try to give something. If not at least a 6 pack next time I'm down.

Thanks for any help.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It sounds like Neptune took claim of your scoop. Hoping he guides its return to you. I leaned mine once against my car while I put detector in trunk. Drove off without it!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like Neptune took claim of your scoop. Hoping he guides its return to you. I leaned mine once against my car while I put detector in trunk. Drove off without it!

Sometimes it's really tough being brutely honest when ratting yourself out over something really stupid! Like shooting holes in my boat this summer... :BangHead:

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
we take things out of the sea. the sea now takes stuff from us ! joking aside, hope you get it back, HH !

OP
OP
B

BlueDawn

Oct 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's really tough being brutely honest when ratting yourself out over something really stupid! Like shooting holes in my boat this summer... :BangHead:

lol now that's funny.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davy Jones's locker room opened a new location / shop...
And is in need of scoop inventory ...

I hear they run specials now...
Delivered by wave.

Sorry... cant help myself. heh

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh poop, there went the scoop.Hopefully someone here finds it for you.

OP
OP
B

BlueDawn

Oct 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol thanks but so far no luck. I was worried more about someone getting hurt honestly. Its sharp and feel horrible if a kid walks out or surfer and steps on it sticking up. It will for sure do a lot of damage.

Still no work on it but hopefully it will wash up one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions