diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've offered but I've never had anyone actually want any coins i've found. They usually joke and say something like "if you find a buried treasure you have to split that with me." I did find a silver spoon once that belonged to the homeowner when she was a child ,and she was happy to see again after forty years.She had forgotten all about it.I have no problem handing over stuff like that.I'll ask before I detect if there was ever anything of value (sentimental or otherwise) that was lost on their property before that they know of (jewelry items and such),if there was I tell them I'll return it if I find it.No problem.It's all in the hunt.

R

RUDY2003

I'd say let the owner pick then you then the owner and so on.
It'l probably get you more hunts....
Just my opinion...

Keep diggin'...

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
skydiv said:
when you get permision to detect somebodies property and agree on a 50/50 split, how do you know who gets what? Lets say you find 7 clad - 1 wheat - 1 - merc - 1 - silver quarter. I would hate to part with the wheat merc and quarter
If you found the treasure ,would you really split it? i would keep the more valuable coins!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
If you make an agreement stick with it. The few coins you may get from this find may not be enough if the owner ever finds out and tells others, then you have no where left to hunt. Just my opinion, and what I have done personally.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Owner picks first coin, you pick the second, and so on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread