metal detector help/advice

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi im looking to buy a metal detector but i only have about £800, But im after something that discriminates good on mineralised ground and goes very very deep on silver and gold. i know its a tough one and probably what everyone wants but im looking for some honest advice. All the manufactures claim theres is the best but what can anyone recommend.thanks

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Paul. Do you mean silver ore and gold nuggets, or silver
coins and gold jewelry?

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dizzy Digger, i mean silver and gold coins and jewelry.
Hi Paul. Do you mean silver ore and gold nuggets, or silver
coins and gold jewelry?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The English diggers are raving about the Makro Racer 2. I swing a Tesoro Vaquero. Best of luck! :occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to sell my almost new Minelab 70 with two coils, and cannot make up my mind to purchase a Tesoro Outlaw or a Vaquero.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Terry, i use the nokta fors core at the moment which is nearly on par with the makro racer 2. But the permissions ive got is amaizing theres pasture and ploughed. ive found everything from victorian, to roman so i know theres some goodies deeper down. thats why im after a much deeper machine, i could get a PI detector but theres just far to much iron and coke. it would end up like open cast mining, lol.
The English diggers are raving about the Makro Racer 2. I swing a Tesoro Vaquero. Best of luck! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread