Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bout 10 years ago , she had the turkey almost ready to go in the oven , I asked if it would be ok if I took the canoe out on the pond out front ,to gather a bouquet of some bright red bush berries for a center piece for the table , she said great !

It was 60 degrees out , so I grabbed my fishing rod . I got a bunch of bright red bush berries , and I started reeling in fish . I was having a blast !
Then I hear her BLASTING the car horn . So I paddle home .
The lawn was on Fire - she put the turkey in the oven and forgot to take some cloth rag off the top - It caught on fire and she threw it out the front door & went back in to clean the bird . The hose was turned off for the winter , so she was frantically using buckets of water when I came up the driveway .

Then we realized the turkey was not cooking ! A fuse blew , not in the main breaker box . It was the old fashion 30 amp glass screw-in type . We had 15 people coming , all the stores were closed .

Thankfully , I remembered our old pump house had an unused fuse box , and there were several 30 amp fuses + spares . We pulled it off !

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to have to enforce electric code on Thanksgiving bu we all have a job to do.
You'll need to bring the box up to code within 30 days. Or not!

But don't ya just luv it when it goes down to the wire any ya win!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread