Question for those who video their hunts

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
How do you post a video? I made one on my phone. I tried to post it but it would not except the mov file extension. Will google and see if I can change the extension.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What kind of camera do you use and how do you go about videoing your hunt? I am wanting to start videoing mine, just in case I find something good and would appreciate any and all input...???

Don't bother with gopros, they are expensive and will cause you many a grey hair. We use an Olympus TG-870, that is waterproof, impossible to kill and takes pretty nice videos with a wide angle which is often quite nice for capturing a bit of the environment. We have action cameras and a DSLR, but haven't used either of them since we bought the Olympus.

Having a screen to watch what you film is essential if you ask me.

Check out our channel in my signature, all of our recent videos are shot with it.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read reviews on other sites. I'm new at this and really do it for my own enjoyment. Two features which I think are essential long battery life and stabilization. There are many competitors to the GoPro and some are pretty decent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions