theoldhistory

Dec 16, 2016
Caswell co. State of Franklin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101(RIP)
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the history buffs out there i have an interesting story. it is a first hand account of an indian attack on some of my direct distant ancestors who lived in new river virginia here is the story pulled directly from a written account
"~~~~~~~~~ Story of john slover~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Memior of john slover as dictated by abraham slover brother of john both sons of jacob this tells the story of their early life the circumstances that took place
previous to his being taken prisoner by the indians the first time when he was only eight years old as related by his older brother abraham.
my fathers house he being absent we where a short distance from the house on discovering the indians there the smaller children all ran into the house
while i turned my course through a meadow to a thick place of woods when i came near the woods i turned my eyes and saw two indians pursuing me
i escaped and returned to the house they took my mother.brother and sisters prisoners plundered the house and they took all they could carry
then they took up the line of march but they had not gone far before my father came home and seeing the devistation about the house, his family all gone
being well assured it was the work of the savages it was all too much for human nature to bear. he hallooed the indians hearing him, they all stopped
two warriors went back with there guns,and in a short time my mother heard the report of a gun. in a few minuets they returned with the horse and saddle
my father was riding. my mother knew her husband was killed they then went on there journey towardsthe indian towns having nothing to eat but wild meats.
through the fatigue of the journey the two youngest children died in the wilderness our mother was exchanged after a number of years and
returned and lived with her children. she shortly afterwards died. john slover died near red banks Kentucky at an advanced age
leaving seven children some of whom are now living"
i would love to find the propery that this was on. just to be able to drive by it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread