'GOLD' (new movie)

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
We scored some tough pre-screen passes to the new movie ā€˜GOLDā€™ last night. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Edward Ramirez as two down on their luck miners who pair up for a big project in Indonesia. Based on the Bre-X mining scandal of the 1980ā€™s itā€™s a really good movie with details that ring true throughout despite roller coaster plot twists & turns. McConaughey plays an over the top alcoholic swashbuckler always just one deal away from the big one. He meets Ramirez who has local knowledge and boots on the ground in Indonesia ready to make their mining dreams a reality. Perils of all types confront them as the story unfolds. This movie is well done and I expect it will rake in a lot of gold at the box office when it opens on 1/27/17.
HH
-spyguy

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I've been looking forward to seeing this movie since I first heard about it.

I followed the BreX story very closely and have quite a file on it.

There was a very similar incident in San Francisco and the West back in the 19th Century - The Great Diamond Hoax. When it comes to mines and mining, this is an old, old story...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I actually didn't know the story the movie was about until I started watching it. I had seen the title and some images in the internet and decided to see it.

If anyone is coming from a place like me, just understand that it is more about boardrooms than gold fields. There's some nice scenery. There's really nothing much about the hands-on experiences we enjoy

The movie does have ups and downs and it is an interesting story. And it will have you guessing about a thing or two until the very end.

I was a little surprised there aren't more posts about it here. Maybe you all knew more than I did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread