Large Cache of Coins is Waiting to be Found (plus US Button)

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Troupeville! Gotta go by there on the way to Moultrie.
Trip I've only made like, 748 times! :BangHead:
The trailer park that got blowed away was Adel, I believe.
Fyrffyter should get his butt over there! Oh dog dookie, I'm so far away. :BangHead:

Where's the original clues or thread that shows the clues? :icon_scratch: Thanks

Found it...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/526583-5-pound-box-old-coins-plus.html

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When someone finds this would they mind posting a picture of the sign? I'd like to know if I was in the right place and if so what I missed.

Thanks

Last edited:

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A shot in the dark, from a long way away.
Curious if there might be a treasure here abouts?

valdosta.jpg

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1320 - I like your thinking. I was looking for a man-made sign.

Since I didn't see such a sign, I kept driving until the road ended in a parking lot. At the end of the lot starts a trail or series of trails. Initially I walked down the trail a while, still looking for a sign. Eventually the trail was flooded out and I just felt like I wasn't sure if I was even in the right area so I got discouraged. I guess it's a good lesson about perseverance. Maybe I'll head back if no one reports a discovery in the next few days.

Of course this time of year, without leaves most trees with trunks and branches resemble Y's, and I suppose most conifers resemble upside-down V's, right?

When he said look right not left, I assumed he was referring to the fact that after you turn by the prison, the park is to the right but to the left are signs marked private property or no trespassing.

Again that's assuming I even made the correct turn. The adventure continues

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I was closer, also.

My imaginary hunt looks like this:

1. Park (can't see the "sign" from California ... so I have to walk from here, and watch)
2. Detect the loop if the "sign" doesn't appear
3.Laugh and joke with the cute gal at McDonalds when I try to buy my breakfast with a bunch of strange old coins, and ...
4. Set off on an adventure with cute southern gal as we detect the remaining east coast and find mts. and mts. of old patinated wonders.

May be lost in the clouds, but my imaginary hunt makes up for only finding 71 cents yesterday, at a picked over park on the west coast ... sigh.

valdosta.jpg

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great puzzler, Bergie !

I'm still hunting in my mind ... he-he.
So, if the hot spot is in this area just off a main road ...

"I WOOD look for a natural sign maybe looking like a letter toward end of alphabet combined with what I just said."

So, let's try and reverse engineer this clue.
Puzzlers might use a "double" clue, sometimes ... Let's try WOOD , capitalized no less ... as the first clue.
We then look for a letter near the end of the alphabet that can be combined with what you just said ... WOOD.

Y works well. We combine WOOD and Y we have WOODY.
The "double" clue, thing ...

Now, we need to find the "natural sign".
This is what I can't see, from here.
Is there anything natural in this hot area that looks like a Y.
Maybe its the road naturally forming a Y ?? I'm grasping at straws, cause I can't be there to look around.

Anyway, I'm breaking out my imaginary pin pointer and waving it over my screen, listening for a beep.

Y.jpg

Attachments

• valdosta.jpg
    valdosta.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 60

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Before y'all drive yourselves crazy anymore, ya might wanna check out Laurahatt214's post in Today's Finds. Not trying steal her thunder, but....

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking of trying again tomorrow.

Now that the hunt is over, bergie can you explain that final part about the natural sign that looked like a letter?

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it was found.
Was it here ?

BoatL.jpg

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
1320 - I like your thinking. I was looking for a man-made sign.

Since I didn't see such a sign, I kept driving until the road ended in a parking lot. At the end of the lot starts a trail or series of trails. Initially I walked down the trail a while, still looking for a sign. Eventually the trail was flooded out and I just felt like I wasn't sure if I was even in the right area so I got discouraged. I guess it's a good lesson about perseverance. Maybe I'll head back if no one reports a discovery in the next few days.

Of course this time of year, without leaves most trees with trunks and branches resemble Y's, and I suppose most conifers resemble upside-down V's, right?

When he said look right not left, I assumed he was referring to the fact that after you turn by the prison, the park is to the right but to the left are signs marked private property or no trespassing.

Again that's assuming I even made the correct turn. The adventure continues

Guess I was right about the tree!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job... And the video was great. Very good thread and adventure buddy!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread