OH BOY, IT'S FINALLY HERE

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well our AT Pro came in yesterday evening. Got it out, put it all together and took it out to try it. How lost was we, VERY. lol Didn't matter how much I read and videos I watched, it was like a night mare I couldn't wake up from.:dontknow: But sure was fun. lol
We for sure going to spend some time with it this weekend and try to learn it. There are so many buttons on this thing, and so many different things to do to try and make things so easy to hunt and find. :icon_scratch: I was worried about her figuring it out, I think I better worry about me first, :BangHead:
We where both sitting there watching that video with our jaws on the floor from all the information. lol
Im sure glad I have all you fine folks to ask question. lol Ole buddy ole pals

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let it overwhelm you. There is a lot these machine can do and it takes a bit to learn. I have had my MX Sport and am still learning it's features. Check Garrett for instructional videos and even You Tube for some on just learning the basics. I am sure that those who have the AT Pro will be able to help you along and Congratulations on getting it and hope to hear you make some finds once you get used to it! Good Luck!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice would be to pick your settings and don't change them till you get more comfortable. What I mean is, pick the mode you want and amount of discrimination and don't change it for a while. Sensitivity and ground balance are site sensitive and need to be set each hunt. Pro mode will find more stuff and give you more info, but may take a little longer to learn. I started in pro mode with discrimination at 25 and seldom changed it. You will pick it up before you know it. Good luck!

Also, dig every consistent signal you get till you learn the language.
HH RN

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we plan on digging everything we hear up, just hope its not electric and water lines. lol
We are going to set it in Pro mode and go from there. I like challenges, That's why i have been married three time. think I may have it figured out on the third time. things are looking good. lol

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just out in the yard and got tons of hit with tones at 55- 99 and i'm not sure how accurate the depth id is but most at 6-8 inches deep. when she is ready we will go out and dig the places i have marked out. Yep this thing is going to be addictive.

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
a/t pro

I agree with relic nut , the pro setting at all metal is where i became most comfortable . the machine was very frustrating for me when i first started using it , take your time swinging . it finds twice what my other machines find . keep the sensitivity up high and dig everything ! also i find ground balancing often really keeps the falsing down . this machine will go deep on the beach too , i have dug coins over 2 feet on the beach , i use a plastic feed shovel when i go !

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing, is the coil cover suppose to be on or off when detecting?

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have even come across where my machine beeps and the id shows 00. I do balance it and often. lol

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One other thing, is the coil cover suppose to be on or off when detecting?
On to protect coil from scratching /chipping.
clean out sand in between uses.
Gary

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have even come across where my machine beeps and the id shows 00. I do balance it and often. lol
Some deep targets will not register a vdi. Dig that puppy.

HH RN

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, pro-mode, ATP youtubes, and 100 hrs.:icon_thumright: Don't get aggravated. I don't think I could have left without digging 90 signals. Keep us updated!!

Bamadad53

Oct 24, 2016
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too am new with the AT Pro with about 20 hrs on it. When I first used it I thought the machine was defective because it made so many sounds. Along with watching videos I buried some coins in the ground and every few days go out to them and listen to the sounds the Pro makes over each one. When I hunt now I try and "call" the target before I dig it. I can correctly call a penny about half the time and a nickel about 20% of the time. Any way I think I am improving but only time will tell.

Bamadad

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your just learning how to use the AT Pro and never used a detector before I recommend to use the COIN setting. Learn the different tones by setting up test areas and practice pinpointing. Digging a nice plug is very important. After mastering that setting try switching to the Pro Mode. Set sensitivity 1 notch from full and discrimination around 19. This is when you we get the best results from this machine. You will then hear all tones and have to go by sound and experience. Once again set up a test site to hear the different tones.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend using the standard / coin setting starting out. I just think it would be easier to learn and once you start feeling comfortable with that, move on to the pro mode. The best advice I can give is to relax and enjoy your time outdoors and learning your great new machine. You will learn surprisingly fast.

OP
OP
E

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We for sure need to learn how to dig, but most importantly we need to learn how to pin point, we were out digging our holes out with 5gal buckets trying to find that crap

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the money about $125 for a Garrett pinpointed. I wouldn't hunt without one.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow what skippy wrote out and you should be good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread