Metal Detecting
I have noticed many more females here since I joined

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I discovered TN around 2003 and lurked for a few years before joining.

I've got a handful of friends on my buddy list that are no longer with us.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNET started in the late 1990s. The vast majority of the "members" here are long gone. People who have dropped out of the hobby, passed away, or just got bored with the forum. It's a very small % of the total members that actually post. Even the majority of people who recently signed-up don't post, and probably never will.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a treasure hunting site. Metal detecting is just a fraction of it. I happen to enjoy the different views and opinions of others. This is a place for adults and kids to hang out and interact with others of the same hobbies.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really saddens me is how maybe 10% Grab an account and the first is "Can you tell me what it is? or "Can you dowse this pic for me?" Then you never hear from them again. What bothers me the most is researching and collecting bookmarks to look up your finds is half the fun! (let the chastising begin here) This is TNet it's not Google. There's a lot of great people here with a ton of great knowledge that is slowly vanishing, don't be lazy and just look for someone else to do your research. At least make an effort to research it yourself, then come get some direction. Oh! At least thank that person for sharing that knowledge with you. They shared some knowledge with you that probably took them years to acquire or learn. It'd be nice to see a newb post something like "I found this and I've researched and looked everywhere I could think and was wondering if you could point me to some other sites to check." "Thank you for your help!"

Oh crud! Fell off my soap box. Your turn!

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder [outside of mods/admin] who is the earliest joining active poster ?

I think I joined in 2005, though I did take a nearly 10 year hiatus at one point ,, I'm guessing not many active posters would beat that date.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder [outside of mods/admin] who is the earliest joining active poster ?

I think I joined in 2005, though I did take a nearly 10 year hiatus at one point ,, I'm guessing not many active posters would beat that date.
Lurked for a couple years then 2006 for me no long breaks.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am a total new guy on TNet, but I love seeing all of the OUTSTANDING finds that the members come up with. I also trolled for several months. I am more into relic hunting, but do the occasional beach or park dig. Some of my friends have found some awesome things and the history behind them is intriguing. Each bullet found if fired makes me wonder who may have lost their life that day or did it just hit a tree and fall to the ground.

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
2004 here. I still lurk, and comment here and there. But I hunted my desert region pretty dry over about 7 years and don't hunt much these days. I still get out there a few times a year and sometimes post. But it's been awhile.

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
The oldest posts I see are from 2003, and didnt see anybody that posted then that had a join date before 2003.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldest posts I see are from 2003, and didnt see anybody that posted then that had a join date before 2003.

Thats because there was server loss. TNET was offline for weeks if I remember correctly. When it came back, all the old files were gone. I can't remember if we had to re-join then or if our accounts were still intact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread