Tot Lot And 22 Shells

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
It's been raining down here and I haven't been able to get out to my regular places, so between the rains today I hit a tot lot. There were the moms and dads with their kids playing, so I would hunt the parts that were vacant for the moment. Some kids I would hear ask their parent what I was doing, and I would hear the reply that I was looking for coins people had lost. Right after I had heard that question for about the 3rd time, I got a signal by the slide and dug three 22 shells out of the wood chips. After gathering them up I went over to where the parents were, held them out for them to see, and told them I had just found these over by the slide. I also told them I was not only looking for coins, but I was keeping their play areas safer for the kids. One of the dads called his kids over to see them and when I showed them I was asked if they were real. The dad looks at them and says no, they are not real because they do not have a primer in the casing. Then I had to explain that they were indeed real, that they were rim fire cartridges and only had to be hit just right on the rim, and they would go off. Then the kids ask dad if they would hurt you if they were to go off. I couldn't believe it, he told them "no, they would just make a loud bang", and that they would go off by hitting them with a rock or something. None of the parents were too impressed or surprised over the finds, so I just packed up and left. I just couldn't believe there was such little concern over bullets being found in their kids play area, and how ignorant they were to the harm that could be caused because of them. People just amaze me, that's why I try to avoid them.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Me too piggman1. I especially avoid playgrounds with little kids. What if one of those little kids accused you of something? I don't take any chances now days. I just stay away from those places when children are there.

HH

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's exactly what I'm afraid of!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread