Blizzard 3/14/17 my area projection totals-18 to 30 inches of snow

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's snowing fairly hard in Southeastern Massachusetts! :BangHead:

I do hope they are wrong on your snow fall count digging440yrs!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Predicting 6-18" here in NE CT. Already passed the 6" mark, with many hours to go.

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 inches at 10 am Tuesday 3/14/17---- DSCN0254.JPG DSCN0255.JPG DSCN0256.JPG ----weather guys say 6-12 inches more still to come

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably got around 10 inches, but now it's raining, so the piles are going down fast. Tough to shovel heavy, wet snow and I don't think the snowblower will work, either. Gets clogged up when it's this wet stuff. I'll ram my car down the driveway to make a path before it freezes solid tonight. At least I'll be able to get out tomorrow, if I can pull it off without getting stuck!

But here's the bright side. The last snow melt, I found an 1833 hard times token. This should help saturate the ground and get more big coppers popping up! Gotta stay positive on this deal or I'm going to lose it! LOL!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the club,I'm in Quebec.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably got around 10 inches, but now it's raining, so the piles are going down fast. Tough to shovel heavy, wet snow and I don't think the snowblower will work, either. Gets clogged up when it's this wet stuff. I'll ram my car down the driveway to make a path before it freezes solid tonight. At least I'll be able to get out tomorrow, if I can pull it off without getting stuck!

But here's the bright side. The last snow melt, I found an 1833 hard times token. This should help saturate the ground and get more big coppers popping up! Gotta stay positive on this deal or I'm going to lose it! LOL!

If the snow is really wet and heavy and you have a self propelled snow blower you can use the snow blower without the auger to push the snow to the side of the drive. If you let it sit for a while the water will drain down and you can sometime then snowblow it without the machine clogging. It's slow but better than shoveling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread