Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have posted a few threads about some recent research I have done finding old homesteads. I have currently mapped out around 10 homesteads and 2 abandoned roads. I decided to make a complete map of my town, labeling every abandoned homestead site. Print it out and have it at quick reference for finding an easy site. Wish me luck!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea to me. Any way to put it with a GPS or old topo map and Google maps and really see what lies ahead before you get to the next intended target so your prepped with the correct gear, water, energy snacks, etc. along with equipt? I'd pack up boxes in the car with everything and then pull per site and go locking the rest along with the backup detector hidden in the car. Just a thought and you may already be three steps ahead so in that case, please ignore and Good Luck!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a good idea to me. Any way to put it with a GPS or old topo map and Google maps and really see what lies ahead before you get to the next intended target so your prepped with the correct gear, water, energy snacks, etc. along with equipt? I'd pack up boxes in the car with everything and then pull per site and go locking the rest along with the backup detector hidden in the car. Just a thought and you may already be three steps ahead so in that case, please ignore and Good Luck!

I found a way to place markers on Google Earth, on each site, I think I will make it digital. Thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions