A very sad time in our community

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting ready to go to a dear friends visitation, he passed at home unexpectedly a few days ago. I met Ron 3 years ago at work and enjoyed his friendship very much. Ron was 76 years old and loved history as much as I do. Living on his family farm that took up half a small town there is lots of sites that I detected on his property including an train depot, general store and an old hotel. When I would detect there we always went over finds and if there was anything with a date associated with it he would figure out what family member was alive at that time and talk about how it could have been them that dropped that coin or lost that suspender clip. He never wanted to keep anything as he knew it was going to go to my collection as I do not sell ANYTHING I find.
Unknowingly I was detecting his property the day he passed. He was a wonderful person who would give the shirt off his back for anyone, this reminds me of a time a few weeks ago I stopped in a restaurant for lunch and he was there and told me to have a seat. We discussed all kinds of historical things and he asked me if I found and good " treasures " lately and of course we looked at my pictures on my phone for a while. When the bill came he almost physically fought me for it.
Thanks to all who are reading, I really needed to vent.
Till we meet again Ron!
Kyle-

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like Ron was a wonderful person to know.

Look at it from a different perspective if you can.......consider it not a loss, but a gain to have known him.

Perhaps he will guide you to the next amazing treasure you will find?

At the very least he has left a good lasting impression on you, and in the end, isn't that what we all hope for?

RIP Ron

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your friend enjoyed your finds as much as you did. That makes them that much better. It's tough to loose a friend, but remember that our lives are better because we new them. Sorry for your loss.

HH, RN

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't really want to click on 'Like' but you know what I mean. I think that Ron may have been the best treasure that you found on that property. My condolences to you and all those who knew him.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle, sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Ron. You will forever have the memories of the times you two spent together!

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He'll always be alive and well in your heart, mind and memories! My condolences.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice memories to have. May God Bless Ron and his family. My condolences to you.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss of a dear friend.

Bay Beagle

Apr 6, 2012
Central, Virginia
Detector(s) used
DEUS XP V5
MINELAB EXPLORER II
NAUTILUS DMC
WHITES COIN MASTER
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's never easy to say good bye .... but memories will last forever - condolences to You and Ron's family & friends

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear, what a great person he was. Two thumbs up for that man! Cheers to him!

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of your loss of a good friend. You have honored him with this post. Thank you for sharing. Prayers for you as well.

OP
OP
Mifarmer

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement, at 30 years old this has been one of the toughest things I have dealt with, each word means a lot to me. I will certainly not forget him.
Kyle-

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kyle,

I am so sorry to hear of your friend Ron's passing. The time you shared will be remembered forever.

May God Bless Ron

Regards,

Doc

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle,
My condolences to you and Ron's family. Our prayers are with you and his family. You'll will always have the memories of your time together.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Condolences on the loss of your friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread