Velcro Arm Strap For Metal Detector

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know a good source to buy the Velcro nylon arm strap that goes through the two slots in the butt piece of our metal detectors? I have a Fisher F22 which did not come with a strap and, I see that many detectors do not come with them these days. I do not see them offered in the accessories listings of Fisher, nor several other brands I looked up. I think the straps would be generic and not specific to one model or manufacturer and I could cut it to length if it were too long.

Very curious that most detectors no longer come with these...in the old days, they all used to if I remember correctly.

Thank you,

Bill

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could try this, different brand, but might fit:

Whites Metal Detector Arm Cup Strap Black 521-0011-1 | eBay

If not, could maybe try rigging something from an old blood pressure cuff?

I got rid of mine years ago, I slipped and fell and had I not got my hand out, I either would of sprained the crap out of my arm, or bent up my detector.

I don't like feeling "chained" to it. They are also a pain if you have long sleeves or a jacket on.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machines nowadays are much better balanced so there really is no need for them. Either way good luck on your search.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree with fishstick but just search on generic Velcro on ebay/amazon/wherever; theres tons of it out there in all sizes and colors.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only detector I ever needed a velcro strap for was my Whites Classic ID II. The XP Deus is ultra light and it came with one, but I keep it loose, since it's not needed. Does your F22 not rest under your forearm when you swing it? Less is best.

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only detector I ever needed a velcro strap for was my Whites Classic ID II. The XP Deus is ultra light and it came with one, but I keep it loose, since it's not needed. Does your F22 not rest under your forearm when you swing it? Less is best.

It sort of does but, my forearms are pretty big I suppose and with no shirt on it just fits into the cuff, but with longe sleeves or a jacket, forget it. I am not fat, I am 6' and 190 pounds...I guess they make those cuffs small to save weight maybe?

Bill

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I got rid of mine years ago, I slipped and fell and had I not got my hand out, I either would of sprained the crap out of my arm, or bent up my detector.

I don't like feeling "chained" to it. They are also a pain if you have long sleeves or a jacket on.

Thank you very much! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. My arm does not fit all the way into the cuff so maybe this will help lock it in. I may just cut the foam and put in some spacers to make it wider (It is in 2 pieces but held together by the foam) because I am sure I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt or a jacket and that will make it even worse.

I appreciate you fast and very useful reply.

Bill

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I like using a strap. I feel it's easier to control, less wear on the wrist, and more close to an extension of my body..

I've re-sewn my Whites strap twice as the velcro wears out. For the last month I've been using one of these cam locks. This makes velcro armstraps crap in comparison. Cinch it down with one hand and it does not move. Quick flip and tug then your arm is out. Loving it.

bycam-bla-1-ykk-cam-lock-lever-plastic-buckles-sexy-photo.jpg

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deft Tones:

Hmmm...I kind of like the idea of a quick release type of set-up. As one of the fellows mentioned above...it is good at times to be able to get free...FAST! This might be the best of both world's. I thank you for suggesting it.

Bill

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had one of those padded tendonitis velcro straps that I had used on mine I got from Walgreens that worked perfectly. Nice and comfortable and fairly heavy duty.

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I ordered this very one...thanks again.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread