Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Detecto
  • 3 Post By fishstick
  • 1 Post By ChampFerguson/TN
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger
  • 1 Post By PirateLabs
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 2 Post By Deft Tones
  • 1 Post By PirateLabs
  • 1 Post By FFFPatriot

Thread: Velcro Arm Strap For Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    117 times
    Metal Detecting

Velcro Arm Strap For Metal Detector

Does anyone know a good source to buy the Velcro nylon arm strap that goes through the two slots in the butt piece of our metal detectors? I have a Fisher F22 which did not come with a strap and, I see that many detectors do not come with them these days. I do not see them offered in the accessories listings of Fisher, nor several other brands I looked up. I think the straps would be generic and not specific to one model or manufacturer and I could cut it to length if it were too long.

Very curious that most detectors no longer come with these...in the old days, they all used to if I remember correctly.

Thank you,

Bill
    Detectorist

Mar 2016
    White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
    85 times
    Metal Detecting
    Could try this, different brand, but might fit:

Whites Metal Detector Arm Cup Strap Black 521-0011-1 | eBay

If not, could maybe try rigging something from an old blood pressure cuff?

I got rid of mine years ago, I slipped and fell and had I not got my hand out, I either would of sprained the crap out of my arm, or bent up my detector.

I don't like feeling "chained" to it. They are also a pain if you have long sleeves or a jacket on.
    Last edited by Detecto; Mar 20, 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    PirateLabs likes this.

us
    fishstick

Oct 2012
    Indiana
    Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boy
    775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Machines nowadays are much better balanced so there really is no need for them. Either way good luck on your search.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    472 times
    Metal Detecting
    Agree with fishstick but just search on generic Velcro on ebay/amazon/wherever; theres tons of it out there in all sizes and colors.
    PirateLabs likes this.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD SE, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F75, & XP Deus.
    12053 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    The only detector I ever needed a velcro strap for was my Whites Classic ID II. The XP Deus is ultra light and it came with one, but I keep it loose, since it's not needed. Does your F22 not rest under your forearm when you swing it? Less is best.
    PirateLabs likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    The only detector I ever needed a velcro strap for was my Whites Classic ID II. The XP Deus is ultra light and it came with one, but I keep it loose, since it's not needed. Does your F22 not rest under your forearm when you swing it? Less is best.
    It sort of does but, my forearms are pretty big I suppose and with no shirt on it just fits into the cuff, but with longe sleeves or a jacket, forget it. I am not fat, I am 6' and 190 pounds...I guess they make those cuffs small to save weight maybe?

Bill
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    Detectorist

us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post

I got rid of mine years ago, I slipped and fell and had I not got my hand out, I either would of sprained the crap out of my arm, or bent up my detector.

I don't like feeling "chained" to it. They are also a pain if you have long sleeves or a jacket on.
    Thank you very much! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. My arm does not fit all the way into the cuff so maybe this will help lock it in. I may just cut the foam and put in some spacers to make it wider (It is in 2 pieces but held together by the foam) because I am sure I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt or a jacket and that will make it even worse.

I appreciate you fast and very useful reply.

Bill
    Detectorist

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    5884 times
    Metal Detecting
    i dislike being attached to my detector for frequent digging, but here are a few options:

I use this first one to hold a Polaroid Cube + camera to a R/C airplane. Top end Velcro that isn't "rough" on the hook part but is super strong.

TowerHobbies.com | Venom Battery Mount Strap Ties (3)

TowerHobbies.com | Traxxas Battery Straps Spartan (4)
    PirateLabs likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    1937 times
    Gimme your jewels
    I like using a strap. I feel it's easier to control, less wear on the wrist, and more close to an extension of my body..

I've re-sewn my Whites strap twice as the velcro wears out. For the last month I've been using one of these cam locks. This makes velcro armstraps crap in comparison. Cinch it down with one hand and it does not move. Quick flip and tug then your arm is out. Loving it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bycam-bla-1-ykk-cam-lock-lever-plastic-buckles-sexy-photo.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	1429409
    PirateLabs and dsdigger like this.

us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Deft Tones:

Hmmm...I kind of like the idea of a quick release type of set-up. As one of the fellows mentioned above...it is good at times to be able to get free...FAST! This might be the best of both world's. I thank you for suggesting it.

Bill
    Deft Tones likes this.
    Detectorist

us
    American Patriot

Feb 2017
    Montana
    Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
    408 times
    Prospecting
    I had one of those padded tendonitis velcro straps that I had used on mine I got from Walgreens that worked perfectly. Nice and comfortable and fairly heavy duty.
    PirateLabs likes this.
    "GET OFF THE PHONE, YOU IDIOT!"... Mark Levin
    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"... Dr. Michael Savage
    "The Marines have landed, and the situation is well in hand"
    "There's gold in them there hills!" ( 360 degrees from my house)
    Even if a liberal told me to my face that they were lying to me, I still wouldn't believe them.
    "God Bless the USA!" Psalms 144:1 John 3:16

us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post

I ordered this very one...thanks again.

Bill
    Detectorist

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links